Discover Leisure and Browhills branch closures

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Johns_Cross_Motorhomes, May 6, 2009.

1. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

It would appear that Brownhills have closed Canterbury branch blaming the strong euro stopping people going to the Continent and pasing by the branch.

Discover Leisure have closed Wrexham, Carlisle, Herne Bay, Portsmouth, Evesham and Orpington Branches.

Peter

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

They buy out big dealerships the run em into the ground:Doh::RollEyes:

3. woodenspatulas

woodenspatulas Deleted User

they claim its the down turn thats caused the closure. I couldnt see it tbh, i had 5 vans sold by the time they shut the doors this month, and i had a target of 9 for the month!!

we were just slowly working our way out of the hole that was made by previous management too :(

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Much sympathy but I'm sure Peter will tell you just how much it costs to keep one of those branches open. It's not like potatoes, people will and do travel long distances to purchase a MH so I can imagine that sales will not suffer too much but overheads are dramatically cut and the rest survives. In this god forsaken country that's how it has to be.

5. woodenspatulas

woodenspatulas Deleted User

yes i think it is just the overheads thats killed it off. its a shame as i really think we were making headway against the expected "bad customer service" some people have found.

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Well done you and its all thrown down the pan again, I am sure you are not a happy bunny having put all that effort into it and having the guts to come on an open forum like this.:thumb:

Peter