Discounts at campsites

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Ruth, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

I was just wondering about prices when staying at campsites in your MH. I realise prices vary, but do they give discount if your staying more than a week or two? Or am I living in LaLa Land

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

La La.....Unless you know the owners dog......:)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi If you are abroad 30 days or more usually gets a discount . Pete

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

Only abroad Pete

5. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Not here, that's for sure. It used to be the case that you did, but such is the demand these days, that's all gone out of the window.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Ruth, if it's single occupancy then you often get a discount, Olson the clubs do discounts for over 55 I think, a good way to keep costs down is to use CS & CL.

7. peter marshall

peter marshall

More likley to put them up lol Pete;););)

8. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

got to be worth an ask though, they certainly wont offer it unless you do

just looking at Parc Verger options for our trip, their prices are lower after 7 nights on the web site, I know this is France, but I reckon the independent UK sites might negotiate

9. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Club sites - forget it.
    Private sites and some cl/cs sites you can 'negotiate' with the owner if you like them and they like you and you 'long term' - not just 2/3 weeks ( and move if need be to comply with the 28 day rule;))
    After all - they want our business - especially at this time of year!

10. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

Hi Carol, I hate to be a dummy, but CS &CL sites ??

11. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

CL. &. CS. Are certified locations for the Caravan Club and Camping & Caravan Club, and are between £8 and £12 a night, so quite a bit cheaper. but you do need to be a member of these to use them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

The C&CC do some winter pitches but look carefully at the dates and prices before deciding if it's going to save you money.
    On a winter (seasonal pitch) you can stay 21 nights, then have to go off ( but can leave vehicle) for 2 nights, then back for 21 and so on.
    On C&CC sites ( daily rate) you can only stay 28 nights, then leave for 1 night.

I thought it was odd on the seasonal pitch I had last winter that I was the only one that disappeared for the 2 nights. Seemed to depend on who you knew......

If you're looking for a couple of weeks at a time, have you thought of house sitting? Some people not keen on having someone sleep in their home but like the idea of it being watched over while they're away.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Holly's post seconded Ruth and all the others lamenting the lack of discounts in UK. I think this is because most 'commercial' sites (as opposed to Club) have a relatively short peak season. However if you don't ask you don't get so on non Club sites it's always worth bartering particularly over the price of electric (when you hook up) where most sites have a serious laugh at our expense.
    If you look seriously at Holly's house sitting idea be aware that there are organisations out there which will attempt to take money off you for training to achieve an SIA licence (mandatory now unless working for someone privately). They will promise 'jobs' but few materialise once they have your cash.

14. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

You will see a few adds in the back of the mags advising of some discounts, i.e. 7 nights for the price of 5. Also there are some that give a fixed price for over 55's etc for 1 or 2 weeks. These seem to be mainly Devon or Cornwall, prob because of the competition.

15. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

I've used the Cofton Country site near Dawlish a couple of times in the winter, and the last time they were offering 25% off if you booked 5+ nights in advance. However their pre-discount prices were, in my opinion, quite pricey to begin with, like a lot of the leisure park-type-sites.

The C&CC used to do 4-for-3 and 7-for-5 offers at their club sites, but stopped a year or so before they introduced their magical mystery pricing machine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

There are a few sites in the UK that offer ACSI or Camping Cheque discount rates (and include electric hook-up) - but they only save money if there are two of you - not much benefit if only one person.

And, as others have said, do ask about getting a discount for an extended stay, you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Mike

17. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

With age concession and no EHU I have just paid £5.75 per night at the C&CC site, Windermere. This in theory is the rate for a grass pitch but the staff, keen to protect the grass, parked us on hard ground adj to the camping field.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Styx

Styx Read Only Funster

Nothing wrong with LaLa Land - we've all lived there at some time or another... :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  19. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Cost the two of us £65 for Thursday, Friday and Saturday there last week, although there were a couple of vans parked in the big car park behind the site where overnighting is allowed £7 per night or £15 for three nights, and just a short stroll to Dan's Shack for the breakfast bacon butties.

20. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

I can identify with that!(y)

• Like Like x 2