Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I don't know how many are aware, but the Camping and Caravanning Club will discount the cost of your site fees by 30% during the low and mid seasons, as long as the occupants of the 'van' are both over 55. I've been a member for 25 years, and only discovered this fact myself this weekend, whilst reading the 'Big Site Book'. This info is tucked away in a place which I would not normally read. I intend to take full advantage of this fact in the future. Im just annoyed that I didn't discover this fact a few years ago - I would have save hundreds:Eeek:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Well done for bringing to peoples attention, it was one of the main reasons for joining the C&CC 2 years ago, its also worth mentioning the passport scheme whereby you collect stamps and get free nights, another good deal.

Having said all of that I do think that the C&CC raised their site fees this year without a lot of advertisement.

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

Well done for bringing to peoples attention, it was one of the main reasons for joining the C&CC 2 years ago, its also worth mentioning the passport scheme whereby you collect stamps and get free nights, another good deal.

Having said all of that I do think that the C&CC raised their site fees this year without a lot of advertisement.

I agree about the site fees. The problem is that you can no longer just pay a 'hook' up supplement. All pitches are now, effectively, serviced pitches which means that the old electric hook up fees have effectively more than doubled :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
The over 55 discount is well worthwhile, but it is a bit of a nuisance that you have to carry your other halfs card with you when booking in each time. Pity they could not have given out one card with both details on it.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are in the C&CC specificaly because they give you the option of hook up or not, we always choose non hookup, which also means a grass pitch, but's fine by me, it does annoy me when they make you pay for the hardstanding and lecky when their grass is too wet to take a motorhome,

but better than the CC where the hookup fee is in the pitch cost,

The C&CC also do kids go free in the low seasons, neither of these discounts apply to us tho (not over 55 and have no kids)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Bargain ...

Can't beat them, the best deal for 3 p[lus m/h was £4 per night a couple of weeks ago (no EHU)::bigsmile:

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
just stayed at a C&CC site not impressed their web, said so many yards from bus stop but did not say only three buses a day making it impractical almost, the picture on the site page gave the impression it was on a cliff top by the coast with lovely sea views well it was not the photographer went out of his way to angle the photo.

the wifi was £7 a day when several sites give free wifi, PAYG mobile broadband is only 50p to £2 a day. Time to give members free wifi!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back