Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
With that tactic, as a dealer I would ask for specific details as most dealers know exactly what is on the market at any one time - that is how they do their forecourt pricing, plus a bit of Glass' guide........... be prepared - it can be a risky tactic.

I take your point.However,I did have another viable alternative van deal on the table so no risk really.I wasn't suggesting just saying it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I take your point.However,I did have another viable alternative van deal on the table so no risk really.I wasn't suggesting just saying it.
You would be amazed at the number of people who don't think it through like you did, though........ (From the other side of the fence in a different business)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
thanks for all the comments & advise, I will try offering them £25,000 and see how we go.

Karl
Morning - did you get any joy?
I popped in on Thurs to see 'your' mh, looks good. Thursday afternoon and it was busy, they've shifted alot of stock in the couple of weeks since my last visit....only got a handful of A classes this time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Well Just come back from oaktree, spent an hour looking round,in, out upside down everywhere on the van , then asked for a test drive no problem they said, all good, 2.7 sprinter engine my god its rapid!!!!.

So came back, thought i know lets be cheeky, said to the guy who i realised afterwards owned the place, I'll give you £24,500 for it no P/X .He said I need to check the figures hang on............................................................

He's comes back says how serious are you, because thats a lot lower than i would go, easy i said tell me £24,500 is ok, and i will sign now.

Well bugger me he said yes!!!!!!!!!!. the same guy who last week said Max £500 discount.

What a difference a week makes!!!. we pick it up around the 19th.

Sorted..............

Karl

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Wow well done! Really pleased for you.....:clap:

Being nosey - what did the bloke look like?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well done (y) cheek sometimes pays ;)if you don't ask you don't get (y):)enjoy your new van when you get it (y)
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back