Disconnect leisure battery when MH in storage? (1 Viewer)

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our MH gets left in secure parking for 4 - 6 weeks between trips. Should I be disconnecting the leisure batteries during this time?

I ask because I note that the leisure battery voltage on the control panel reads 13.4v when I unplug from EHU, but that drops to 12.7v or so overnight. I have the MH at home right now which is how I'm doing these checks.

Both batteries are new 85 ah items. Adria Matrix 670SC with Schaudt electrical control unit.

According to the control unit, there is zero current draw but after the last 6 weeks in storage the batteries were showing only 12.4v.

Don't want to ruin two new batteries through newbie ignorance, hence the questions.

Thanks in advance everyone. :)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If there’s no current draw showing, then I suspect it’s just the natural discharge rate of the battery and it wouldn’t matter if they were connected or not. If your storage is outside, you could consider fitting a solar panel to keep them topped up ?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
12.4v is very acceptable after 6 weeks in storage. Fully charged (after a settling period) they would only be 12.5v. However 6 weeks is too long to leave them without charging and won't do them any favours long-term. As suggested a solar panel will look after them. For winter storage you'll need a decent sized panel though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Falcon 269

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ah, yes ... solar panel going on in October courtesy of Vanbitz, same time as they're fitting our alarm. Slight problem, though - covered storage. Ironically, to keep the sun off because we live on the Costa Blanca. Always something to mess up the ideal plan, eh? :LOL:

Relieved to read that 12.4v is OK but noted about length of time between charges. Will just have to bring the girl out of the pound more often, I guess, until we start using her as intended.

(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back