Disappointment re Newbury

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by emmitdb, May 9, 2014.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings,

A couple of weeks ago we were delighted to receive news that we had won a prize of tickets to the Show at Newbury which included pitch fees and entertainment tickets.

We were really looking forward to the event as it would have given us the opportunity to attend our first Funsters rally.

On 30th April Mary went into Hospital for a pre planned operation that was cancelled/postponed on the actual day.:Doh:

This morning we received a call to ask if she could attend next Weds. for the operation. Although disappointed that it would mean we couldn't attend Newbury I persuaded her that her health was more important. I rang Warners, publishers of MMM and the giver of the prize. I asked them if, under the circumstances, they would transfer the prize to another of the shows they organise.
    I have just received their response which is, basically, go whistle. They wouldn't even entertain me transferring the tickets for an admin fee.

Talk about a bummer.:Sad:

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I am surprised as they are usually very good when there are special circumstances ... perhaps dropping them an email would be better.

3. PAGR

PAGR Funster Life Member

We won tickets and entertainment for Peterborough but had already booked. A couple of emails later and the very accommodating lady at Warners allowed us to pick another show of our choice.
    Only in the general area though.