Disabled access ex police MH

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for the Disabled' started by Barclaybasher, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

• Like Like x 1
  2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Good for someone who wants to be able to adapt a motorhome to their own requirements without loosing loads in value in the process.

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Does not sound bad at all :thumb:

Peter

4. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

shame its not LEZ compliant xxxxx

and I cant find the blues and twos anywhere :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Looks lovely

5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

OK so what is different to a standard one

I have looked at the photos.. so what is different to a standard one? the door does not look anything special and I can see a grab rail in side so no lift?

Bob:Blush:

6. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

You've said it yourself - being disabled is not the same for everyone - the wider door and a pair of ramps would make all the difference to some :Smile:

7. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

True

True.... but when I see something suggesting or saying disabled i presume it has something to assist disabled people. I can see less in the vehicle given that the over cab bed has gone. So in effect it is a mobile office that needs to be converted back.

I suspect it is a fair price given it is an automatic on a Mercedes. But other than that advantage it does not sell it's self as suitable for a disabled person.. perhaps my views of being disabled are different to the company selling it... Perhaps just another word to help them advertise it... what do I know:Wink:

Bob

8. Terry

Terry Funster

I have looked at the pics and other than the slightly wider door and a grab rail I cannot see anything more-it must be simply because it has a wider door and auto :BigGrin:I have also looked at the pics and to be honest I think it would need totaly ripping out and start from scratch to fit a loo and shower in - theres a lot of outside lockers to think about :Smile: to position a shower and loo :Eeek: The only simple job they describe is to turn the overcab bed back :thumb: but then most people use them as sheds so why bother you may as well leave it as cupboards :BigGrin:Cannot see where you could even put a double bed without moving kitchen area forward and making a u'ey :Wink:
    terry

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

toilet inside one of the seats .forget shower . flannel wash . but 10 grand is more like it .
    as with many things converting from one thing to another is hopeless far easier to start from an empty box .
    having over the years worked with ambulances ,library vans, telecom trucks etc . far better an empty box . once you start moving things nothing works .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

That is all that is needed for some. My wife is disabled and we always use site facilities for showers,

The advertiser has only claimed that it is handicapped accessible with a disabled door.

If someone is in a wheelchair, ramps and a winch would get them on board, it has everything else including aircon and an onboard genny.

If something like this was available a year ago when I bought our present van I would have had a look at it:Smile:

11. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

Shame it doesn't come with the original graphics :Rofl1:

Picture of the actual van:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Terry

Terry Funster

All very well looking but doing is a very different thing :BigGrin: lots of things to comprises but I can see the plus side's for anyone handy like me :BigGrin:
    Terry

13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi folk managed for years with out showers and baths . it could fit loads of folk really . but its still a bit pricey . given what it is .
    think a good company could soon re-graphic it . be good for wilding then the locals would think there as been a crime committed and leave you alone . bit of blue and white tape btween a few trees and a white tent . ha ha .
    even better if youyr mate as an ambulance conversion . hee hee .

• Like Like x 2
  14. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Every MH is a compromise

As a semi-retired plumber/builder I think even I could fit a portapotti:Smile:

15. Terry

Terry Funster

• Like Like x 3