Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi guys, Need some advice - just used van after 4 week layup. Found the toilet flush water very dirty and water to wash basin also to shower.I checked fresh tank looked clean? Do you think it could be dirty filter ? I would also like to know the best product to use to flush the system.Thanks in advance JohnM.:Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant see it being a filter as that would collect the dirt and not allow it through.

most probably your last water source was contaminated and with the lay-up the sediment has settled out of suspension in the pipes.
you wouldn't notice it with regular use.

personally i wouldn't use anything to clean the system except fresh water and flush through until the water runs clear.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi guys, Need some advice - just used van after 4 week layup. Found the toilet flush water very dirty and water to wash basin also to shower.I checked fresh tank looked clean? Do you think it could be dirty filter ? I would also like to know the best product to use to flush the system.Thanks in advance JohnM.:Blush:

Does your toilet have a separate tank for the flush?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
No, sorry should of made this clear

In that case I would remove any filters and fill the whole system with a weak bleach solution ( Milton or similar) , leave for couple of hours before flushing well with fresh water. Ensure all taps, shower & toilet flush are included.Replace filter elements with new.

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back