Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Slight deviation.... I cannot clean mine because it is parked in a secure compound in a farm and we are not allowed to clean the vans there because the water taps are for the horses..... I keep asking is there anyone doing motorhome cleaning at Chester please as my roof is greener than the grass and the sides and front are mucky... I have nowhere to clean it. :(
Hi, Joy, no chance of taking it home and doing it there?
Cheers, Dave(y)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
It makes me cringe when I see folks wiping over their vans when they arrive on site. A good, safe clean requires lots of water, so seeing these folk grinding dirt in to their vans is just beyond belief. We were on a DA meet once and saw this couple attack their van with Cif. As for my vàn, I'm that busy cleaning other vans that I haven't got time to do my own.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I enjoy seeing the results of my mh cleaning - it is therapeutic and helps it look good for longer. Also, by being through, I get to examine every inch of the paintwork for rust etc. and can prevent problems getting worse.

I started using clay last year and love how the paintwork feels after a good clean, clay, polish and wax etc. I then get smug when it rains and the water beads off :)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
It makes me cringe when I see folks wiping over their vans when they arrive on site. A good, safe clean requires lots of water, so seeing these folk grinding dirt in to their vans is just beyond belief. We were on a DA meet once and saw this couple attack their van with Cif. As for my vàn, I'm that busy cleaning other vans that I haven't got time to do my own.

I only do the glass windscreen and side windows when I arrive for that reason,

Andy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I keep asking is there anyone doing motorhome cleaning at Chester please as my roof is greener than the grass and the sides and front are mucky... I have nowhere to clean it.
Get Carol to organise a "Who can do the best job of cleaning Joy's van" competition (y)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Slight deviation.... I cannot clean mine because it is parked in a secure compound in a farm and we are not allowed to clean the vans there because the water taps are for the horses..... I keep asking is there anyone doing motorhome cleaning at Chester please as my roof is greener than the grass and the sides and front are mucky... I have nowhere to clean it. :(
If you come to Peterborough, I'll do it for you

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I'm afraid to admit it but I am one of those who wipe the van over with a damp cloth on arrival. Allways been the same, bikes polished to within an inch of its life as a kid, all the cars Ive had and the m/h is no exception . Even sadder to admit that I've stayed an extra night on a site rather than drive somewhere else in wet weather. I'm sure some will say get a life but for me I find it relaxing and get great satisfaction when finished.
Bearing in mind that I grew up on a cattle farm and every time you stepped out the front gate you where in 6" of mud. Strangely my first 2 cars were white, I must have been (proberly still am) mad.

Makem Lass

Free Member
Jun 19, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It's a few weeks and a few thousand miles since Mine has been washed. A couple of sandstorms in the Sahara and some very dusty Moroccan roads mean it's absolutely filthy.
We are wild camping and no running water but even so there are those who manage to keep their vans spotless and shiny.
A German who was parked close by used to dust the outside of his van every other day.
And there's a Funster parked close by who has a very shiny van, I don't know how he manages it.
Mine won't get washed until I get home end of April and it'll take me days to get all the sand and dust out of the garage and the lockers.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
When out cruising we find a place near a river and wash it with river water (yes, we do only use 'eco' stuff). I remember in the Pyrenees getting so hot and bothered washing the van that we jumped in the river afterwards ................ err.....THAT was COLD :eek::eek::eek:

Portugal was tricky, not many rivers.......... Norway..... water everywhere :rolleyes:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
this is a very dirty van lades pleas don't look if easily offended
warning warning warning only click on picture if broad minded

1174696_10153154810330344_69495782_n[1].jpg

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
"Books and Covers" Nothing to do with people cleaning vans on site.... Who said that?
Tea Bag aka "The Riddler ?" LOL.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi, Joy, no chance of taking it home and doing it there?
Cheers, Dave(y)
No sadly Dave. Across the way from me is one person who is an alcoholic with a van phobia ... she scratches the van as soon as I walk indoors to get water or whatever. The police have arrested her before now but then let her loose as they say she is just a confused old woman. She is sixty eight, married and her son is a top police man in the town .. ??????

Next door to her is someone who calls the police if I so much as park up to unload my fridge ... the police come out and apologise to me as they say I am doing nothing illegal but they have to take up her complaint as she is constantly on the phone all the time that she doesn't pay her council tax to look out of her window and see a van across the way. I could go on about how ridiculous the situation is .. the police have told her straight but she continues to do it. I don't even park up for five minutes now to unpack ... I can't take the hassle any more. I have enough other problems going on without dealing with the stress of idiots... Sorry but you did ask. :) :) :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nice to know the pre-coated aluminum Hymer use is self cleaning, I just wash it once or twice a year, you don't need to polish pre-coated aluminum and its not recommended.

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Use illegals when motorhome dirty, inside and out - life is just too short.
Make sure they do not use their heavy pressure washers

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
No sadly Dave. Across the way from me is one person who is an alcoholic with a van phobia ... she scratches the van as soon as I walk indoors to get water or whatever. The police have arrested her before now but then let her loose as they say she is just a confused old woman. She is sixty eight, married and her son is a top police man in the town .. ??????

Next door to her is someone who calls the police if I so much as park up to unload my fridge ... the police come out and apologise to me as they say I am doing nothing illegal but they have to take up her complaint as she is constantly on the phone all the time that she doesn't pay her council tax to look out of her window and see a van across the way. I could go on about how ridiculous the situation is .. the police have told her straight but she continues to do it. I don't even park up for five minutes now to unpack ... I can't take the hassle any more. I have enough other problems going on without dealing with the stress of idiots... Sorry but you did ask. :) :) :)
Very sorry to read this, Joy, a shocking state of affairs in this "free country". Is it not possible to use a friend's drive for half an hour or so? if we lived nearby you would be very welcome and we would help with the job! and have a brew after. However at the mo we are too far away. Why not try a hand wash as donnkin suggests, just make sure they know not to use the power washers too much?
Cheers, Dave(y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Very sorry to read this, Joy, a shocking state of affairs in this "free country".
It's not much comfort for Joy, but this state of affairs exists precisely because this is a free country.

The police & social services can't cope because of a mixture of inefficiency & underfunding, due in part to our refusal to vote for any party prepared to tax at a sufficient level to fund the level of service we demand. Extracting more from corporations might be a vote winner, although the main beneficiaries could well be Dublin & Luxembourg.

It is only in a free country that the police are not allowed to chuck a confused & alcoholic old woman into an institution. It would be nice if this free country would also provide proper support to effect a cure, but not everyone wants to be cured.

It's only in a free country that people are allowed to be offensive to each other & waste police time without being incarcerated.

Most people don't want a free country at all. What they want is a country run rigidly to their rules. The only problem is that we can't all agree on what the rules should be. So a reasonably free country is the next best alternative. The downside is the situation that Joy finds herself in, which I fully agree is most unpleasant.

Sadly, no-one seems to have come up with a workable alternative yet. If only the whole world would just adopt Jim's FUN Rule No. 1.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We were on a DA meet once and saw this couple attack their van with Cif. As for my vàn, I'm that busy cleaning other vans that I haven't got time to do my own.

I seem to remember that a lot the French used to clean their cars with scouring powder Ajax or the like that is why all the older cars were matt black must have saved a lot of time when preparing to respray them.

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Keeping the inside clean is one thing. But here's a truth I discovered many years ago: after a while the outside, if left untouched, doesn't get any dirtier. Shock! Horror! If you clean it it gets dirty again, if you don't it achieves the level of grime it feels comfortable with and then sticks with that. Will I ever clean it? Yes indeed, just before I sell it.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
you cant lock all drunk and confused old gits. there would be no funsters left.

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
To be honest i find it quite relaxing, i like to wash my MH ,van,car & motorbike. Not at the same time but i put my head phones on & cup of tea and im off, dont have to think of anything no one bothers me im in a world of my own. Sad i know but haho. PS no i wont clean anyone's MH :)

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Just come home after a weekend away in the Moho , cleaned the van inside (Mrs Mousy) and outside (me). Ready for going away next weekend. Very satisfying after its finished. And while I had the bucket out I did the car as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 22

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

Time to move Joy !
Too many nutters around you !:active:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back