PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
So here's the dilemma and I'd like to know your thoughts on the issue (don't you just love being a Funster and sharing with all my friends and like minded loonies):ROFLMAO:

I'm in 2 minds whether to go on a planned weekend break in the motorhome. I planned on a long weekend at the Crick Boatshow and Waterways Festival and I'm due to be there for 3 nights. The problem is that the camping site is a field pure and simple and advertised as a "gentle gradient". Now the last time I entered a field was last August at the Great Dorset Steam Fair whereby the entranceway into the field was a quagmire from the traffic and I had to be towed to my pitch, which again was on a gentle slope and was stranded for the entire period, I couldn't even get traction to drive up the levelling ramps and ended up being helped by some really nice guys in a 4x4 who towed me out at the end with me spinning my wheels the entire way:cry:

I've never visited the field allocated to camping at the show, but I have google earthed it and it's baron, so do I stay home and save my pennies, avoid the risk of getting bogged in and getting the van covered in mud again, or do I go and take my chances......decisions, decisions, decisions

What would you do:Eeek:

knighthauler

Free Member
May 11, 2013
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2001
I understand your dilemma - I would be the same and my decision would be to stay at home - I do not like getting my motorhome mudded up!!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We're up in Northumberland, 36knots of wind & raining, but we're away and making the most of our motorhome, driving up past Lindisfarne to Dunbar after brekkie.
Get out there and make the most of it, this isn't a practice. :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I'd go but I'd have a slab or two tucked away in case I needed the assistance of my unit's recy mechs!!!!:thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Only you can decide this. For me, I don't let a bit of weather stop me.
I thought sun was predicted for sat/sun?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Definition of Dilemma

ONE FRIEND SAID TO THE OTHER, "WHAT IS A DILEMMA?"
HE REPLIED, "TRY THIS EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE THE ANSWER.
IMAGINE YOU ARE LAYING IN A BIG BED IN A WONDERFULLY SENSUAL SETTING.

YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL NAKED YOUNG WOMAN ON ONE SIDE,

AND A HANDSOME GAY MAN ON THE OTHER.
WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TURN YOUR BACK ON?"

Now that’s a Dilemma !! :Eeek:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Just go!
Let's face it if you do :roflmto:get stuck you're unlikely to be alone.

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'd go but I'd have a slab or two tucked away in case I needed the assistance of my unit's recy mechs!!!!:thumb:

2 yellow handbags packed and I'm on my way :thumb:

Your all right and thank you, as why spend ÂŁ30+K and then not use it, so over half way, a quick brew break and then the last leg::bigsmile:

I'll let you know how we get on with the field later, if my muddy pinkies can operate the iPad :thumb:

Traffics a mare mind, been queuing most of the A34 upto and past Oxford and the A43 isn't looking any kinder, but who cares, we've a loo, drinks, music and the ability to laugh at the senseless idiots that seem to adorn our roads at times:Eeek:

'twas funny though as a shiny blue 350Z sporty thing buzzed past me at Mach 10 when I joined the A34 and we were side by side most of the route north:ROFLMAO: just think, an Autotrail Dakota with chromed wheels and a sport exhaust :roflmto:

:thumb:

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Now you are on your way all you have to do is relax enjoy what comes your way and let us know how you get on, sounds like a good week end to me. :Smile:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Yep I'm so glad I came, I'm in and on site in the field, cleared what's left of the cowpats from around the motorhome, kind of levelled as best as I can, made the bed up, sorted everything out, hot water on, kettle boiled and tea time and the suns desperately trying to come out, but some dark clouds still blowing this way, but you know what, I just don't care as I'm here, I'm happy, I'm healthy and I love motorhoming so should be a fantastic few days, plus the marquee is up with the bar and band later tonight......cider here I come::bigsmile:

Also I never knew how entertaining it could be to watch people trying to put up their tents and awnings in the high winds, seems I have a wicked streak too:ROFLMAO:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Enjoy whilst you can so you never regret and be well.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Live for the moment, enjoy ................. and bring us solo female some of that mud back for a face pack ... we need it. See, there is always a positive to every situation.

Glastonbury a few years ago ... now THAT was what you call wet and muddy...:thumb:

Edit.. PS . I don't mean the cowpats!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Live for the moment, enjoy ................. and bring us solo female some of that mud back for a face pack ... we need it. See, there is always a positive to every situation.

Glastonbury a few years ago ... now THAT was what you call wet and muddy...:thumb:

Well looking at that piccy you certainly don't look like you need a face pack, but I do a good range in massages to make up for it:thumb::Blush:

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Find the nearest pub and park on the car park and walk in or stay at the pub simples::bigsmile:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We're up in Northumberland, 36knots of wind & raining, but we're away and making the most of our motorhome, driving up past Lindisfarne to Dunbar after brekkie.
Get out there and make the most of it, this isn't a practice. :thumb:

Were you parked up at the border lay by outside Berwick with a car on tow at about 7.10 this morning? If so I saw you on my way to work and was wishing I was taking to the road instead.

Kath

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

So here's the dilemma and I'd like to know your thoughts on the issue (don't you just love being a Funster and sharing with all my friends and like minded loonies):ROFLMAO:

I'm in 2 minds whether to go on a planned weekend break in the motorhome. I planned on a long weekend at the Crick Boatshow and Waterways Festival and I'm due to be there for 3 nights. The problem is that the camping site is a field pure and simple and advertised as a "gentle gradient". Now the last time I entered a field was last August at the Great Dorset Steam Fair whereby the entranceway into the field was a quagmire from the traffic and I had to be towed to my pitch, which again was on a gentle slope and was stranded for the entire period, I couldn't even get traction to drive up the levelling ramps and ended up being helped by some really nice guys in a 4x4 who towed me out at the end with me spinning my wheels the entire way:cry:

I've never visited the field allocated to camping at the show, but I have google earthed it and it's baron, so do I stay home and save my pennies, avoid the risk of getting bogged in and getting the van covered in mud again, or do I go and take my chances......decisions, decisions, decisions

What would you do:Eeek:
don't go these fields are a quagmire you wont enjoy it youll be on tenterhooks all the time your there the point of getting away is to relax and enjoy yourself.you wont be able to do this camped on a baron wasteland save your pennies and stay at home till something better suited comes up.steve:thumb:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Update of my update

Update of my daily update::bigsmile: Yipppeeeeeeee I've woken up to a gorgeous sunny clear bright morning:Cool:Few clouds that seem to be clearing away and then hopefully a day of sunshine

Ain't life sweet and so much sweeter when you wake up in your fave bed::bigsmile:

Hope it's as good wherever you all may be and enjoy your day too:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Were you parked up at the border lay by outside Berwick with a car on tow at about 7.10 this morning? If so I saw you on my way to work and was wishing I was taking to the road instead.

Kath

Morning Kath, sorry as that wasn't me:Smile:

You not out this bank hollibobs weekend:Eeek:

Enjoy whatever you get up to:thumb::thumb:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We are used to this and field camp most weekends, always keep the towing eye in the glovebox ready, not had to use it yet though, the important precaution though if you are field camping on a regular basis is to get a RWD MoHo

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well looking at that piccy you certainly don't look like you need a face pack, but I do a good range in massages to make up for it:thumb::Blush:

OMG. Wish I were ten years younger ... you would have your hands full.:Blush: Best offer I've had in years. :thumb:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
An update of the update, I had updated yesterday.....I think:winky:

Well what a turn up for the weather, I'm so glad I listened to my fellow crackpots, oh no, I mean Funsters, as I arrived in gail force winds and lashes of rain and by the time I woke up on Saturday morning, the clouds had gone and was replaced by clear blue skys and it's stayed that way ever since:Cool:

So I've toured the Boatshow, spoken to lots of lovely people and drooled over my next investment, but not for a few years yet, need to finish my career and draw a pension and then it's the retired life for this call sign:Smile::Smile:

Looking around the field that we're all camped in, I have to say how neat and tidy it looks, how happy everyone is (the power of the sunshine is simply amazing) and there's countless BBQ's smouldering away with would-be Gordon Ramsy's burning sausages and murdering burgers........ahhh it's great to be a man:thumb:

Hope it's as good wherever you all may be and safe journeys ahead:thumb:

Last edited:
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
ONE FRIEND SAID TO THE OTHER, "WHAT IS A DILEMMA?"
HE REPLIED, "TRY THIS EXAMPLE TO ILLUSTRATE THE ANSWER.
IMAGINE YOU ARE LAYING IN A BIG BED IN A WONDERFULLY SENSUAL SETTING.

YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL NAKED YOUNG WOMAN ON ONE SIDE,

AND A HANDSOME GAY MAN ON THE OTHER.
WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TURN YOUR BACK ON?"

Now that’s a Dilemma !! :Eeek:

pmsl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread