Digital signal finder

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Sundowners, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi
    We bought a signal finder from Maplins-----I noticed on the packet it said not for boosters-----I pointed this out in the shop----they said with booster switched off it would (should) work----------------We never used it where we had a signal,----------now we can't get any digital reception, I have tried the meter and it does not give me any help----------would you expect it to work with the booster off.
    AND it looks like our Sky box/card is not working aaagggghhhhh--------we have just got a REALLY crap anologue picture on a little TV :shout::Blush::cry:
    Nigel & Pamala

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Many TV's have built in boosters - so you would not be able to turn them off as such. You should get a signal through your sat dish though as they are two seperate things!

3. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

Hi Nigel

If you need a Sky box let me know. I have one you can have FOC.

Andy

4. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

We have a signal finder and it works fine with the bat wings booster on, can't remember the make but it's not Maplin.

Maplin 'seem' to know what they are about BUT I bought one of those suitcase sat systems and the guy happily sold me a sat meter for it, dispite the suitcase system having this built in, as I found out when I got it home:Doh:

Anyway, have you tryed booster on?

I'm assuming you are bat wing to, so, we've had a couple of bad reception case were lowering/stowing the antena actually got us a signal, don't ask me but it worked:Blush: