Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
We bought a signal finder from Maplins-----I noticed on the packet it said not for boosters-----I pointed this out in the shop----they said with booster switched off it would (should) work----------------We never used it where we had a signal,----------now we can't get any digital reception, I have tried the meter and it does not give me any help----------would you expect it to work with the booster off.
AND it looks like our Sky box/card is not working aaagggghhhhh--------we have just got a REALLY crap anologue picture on a little TV :shout::Blush::cry:
Nigel & Pamala

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Many TV's have built in boosters - so you would not be able to turn them off as such. You should get a signal through your sat dish though as they are two seperate things!

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Nigel

If you need a Sky box let me know. I have one you can have FOC.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We have a signal finder and it works fine with the bat wings booster on, can't remember the make but it's not Maplin.

Maplin 'seem' to know what they are about BUT I bought one of those suitcase sat systems and the guy happily sold me a sat meter for it, dispite the suitcase system having this built in, as I found out when I got it home:Doh:

Anyway, have you tryed booster on?

I'm assuming you are bat wing to, so, we've had a couple of bad reception case were lowering/stowing the antena actually got us a signal, don't ask me but it worked:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back