Diet Hmmm an eating plan

Discussion in 'Funsters on a diet' started by pwilmo, Aug 22, 2015.

1. pwilmo

pwilmo Funster

Hi guys
    All those people interested in weight loss, maintenance -diet.
    It's what you put down your mouth that is important, yes exercise is advisable. When you consider a Double Decker chocolate bar contains 250 calories, you can eat in 3mins -to burn off 250 calories you would need to walk at a very brisk speed for 37 minutes !
    So now identify the bad boy, it's sugar (carbohydrates) that messes up your body's functions -it causes terrible problems.
    That's fruit, fruit juices,pastries, pastas,bread -just to name a few; all carbohydrates - the lovely tasting things in life I'm afraid.
    Reduce/remove the carbohydrates, in fact Adenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge is curing diabetes with a 12 week carb free/ calorie restricted diet.

Paleo is great and
    so is the Atkinsons Diet, BUT eat plenty of vegetables. NOT fruit.

So protein and vegetables; meat,eggs,fish etc- not soya and loads of vegetables.
    If you struggle with carbohydrate free, then aim to minimise; try to eat them as least as possible.
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
  2. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Wouldn't disagree with what you say except for this bit. Type 2 diabetes can be brought on by poor diet and this is the commonest but not only cause and some find losing weight can free them of it - but not everyone and the causes of Type 1 diabetes have nothing to do with diet.

However, whatever diet you are one has done impressive things for your growth - time to buy new trousers I think. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. pwilmo

pwilmo Funster

Hi guys

It's great we've got a discussion going here, I had hoped this would happen from my original post.
    I would remind folks that dietary needs and recommended levels are changing with fashions - now eggs are no longer bad boys and neither butter! Don't use olive oil to cook, lard is better.. how things change.
    It used to when I was little "go to work on an egg" , full fat milk was given to us at school.

These same government advisers are the same mindset as were advising people that you would fall off the edge of the world if you sailed too far. What ever they believe at the time is the only truth.

Now here's the thing; you do not need carbohydrates for life, think of the ancient eskimos -seal meat, fat.
    Eating only carbohydrates you would die.
    Eating only protein you live. - We do not need carbohydrates to live.
    In fact on a protein diet, the body will assimilate all the necessary vitamins and amino acids and elements required.

I was recently under hospital care and was amazed that qualified dieticians are advocating large intakes of carbohydrates.

The science of food is not properly understood by many of the so called experts and sadly the advice is also based on economic values. A huge industry is built on the grain, so it is in their interest to promote their products saying wheat etc is the healthy e.g AllBran, Shredded Wheat ..full of carbs. Whether a natural source or man made - carbohydrates/sugar is bad.

I'll rummage round and post the link for a book that explains all in every day terms.

5. pwilmo

pwilmo Funster

Hey there foodies I've found the book
    It will change your ideas about nutrition for ever IT IS A MUST READ - free.
    Please contact me I'll get you a copy.
    Methinks copyright wise I have to be fairly discrete about giving away copies but I'm not offering to give copies here(disclaimer); if you know what I mean, just pointing you in the right direction.
    If you would like to research the book yourselves it is:
    Fat Burning Blueprint: Why You Should Stop Listening To Most Nutrition Experts
    by Dusan Grujin

Please, please read it