Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
We seem to have got a good deal this year as we exchanged our winter euro supply at 1.44.
Averaged €.93 per litre as we meandered our way south across France in the sunshine.
Nice surprise today when we filled up in Palamos at €.79.9 per litre.
What sort of price should we expect to pay as we head south towards Andalucia ?

Bob and Jen

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We seem to have got a good deal this year as we exchanged our winter euro supply at 1.44.
Averaged .93 per litre as we meandered our way south across France in the sunshine.
Nice surprise today when we filled up in Palamos at .79.9 per litre.
What sort of price should we expect to pay as we head south towards Andalucia ?

Bob and Jen
Keep going south, if you go far enough it might be free. (y)

Sainsbury and Morrisons are fighting here. 99.9 v 99.7 per litre.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Probably go up next week as the oil price has gone up.

Joe
Yes, takes months to come down and minutes to go up.
What pisses me off is that they put the price up with the same fuel in the storage tank they got cheap! :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes, takes months to come down and minutes to go up.
What pisses me off is that they put the price up with the same fuel in the storage tank they got cheap! :mad:
Not quite as simple as that, though. They have to balance it all out, bearing in mind that sometimes it is slow to come down as it is hedged against future prices. the crude oil price rebound may only have a small effect on the pump price and will take a while to come through anyway; a much bigger influence is the immediate middle distillate supply demand situation both in Europe and in the Americas/Asia. One reason why the prices have come down in Europe is not really the crude price, but the slackening of demand in Asia and the excess of supply in USA. I read this morning that two VLCC's (very large crude carriers) have been chartered to bring gas oil from Asia to Europe as the price difference justifies the transportation cost and obviously some trader thinks he can make a margin on the deal. I have been trying to find out which trader; I suspect it is Vitol

Reactions: kip

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We paid €0.939 per litre on the way out of San Sebastián towards Salamanca, for some reason we also paid €1.39 shop tax or something.

Parked in Palencia now.

Martin

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Around £1.20 in Essex. Good job it hasn't risen as much as heating oil, last year 28.8p, today it's 44p

Last edited:

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Kirkwall, Orkney last week, £1.239 litre and that includes a 5p litre rebate on fuel duty :(

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
£1,25 in Worcestershire. That's a 25% increase since this thread was started one year ago......
Be a lot more than 25% as the 58p duty and 20% VAT dont change its just the fuel price that changes. Another thing that boils my pee is the fact that we pay 20% VAT on the duty,is that even legal to charge TAX on a TAX :confused::mad:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Be a lot more than 25% as the 58p duty and 20% VAT dont change its just the fuel price that changes. Another thing that boils my pee is the fact that we pay 20% VAT on the duty,is that even legal to charge TAX on a TAX :confused::mad:
I do understand the way the money goes and to whom . I was keeping it simple by quoting what we the mugs pay...

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
ASDA Darlington is £1.189 It went down 1p from £1,190 after we last filled up during the week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back