Diesel price France?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ralph-dot, Apr 22, 2008.

1. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

How much is diesel in France at the moment? All of the price comparison websites I can find are way out of date, i.e. £1.09.9 for the UK, so I can not believe them.

Ralph

2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

when in France in Feb the price was between 1-18 e to 1-30e So a little over a £ a litre. Surely its dearer now.

3. RockieRV

RockieRV Deleted User

Hi Ralph

We came back from France last Saturday.
    Diesel was 1.32 Euros at the cheapest, and as I got £1.20 Euros to the £, I make that £1.10 a litre.

4. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

5. ralph-dot

Thanks all, will be a shorter trip than I thought we were going to have. How about the price in Belgium?

Ralph

6. haganap

Hi Ralph I think th eprice in Belgium is much the same. However however however,,,, If you are going that way then spend a day in Luxembourg, a beautiful city, and gt yourself filled up there, On my last trip early this year your looking at about 65p a litre. :Rofl1::thumb:

7. ralph-dot

Last year we were informed about the price in Luxembourg, but all the stations we passed there, were the same price as France and Germany?

Ralph

8. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Just got back the price varies between 1:25 to 1:38 rate of exchange 1.23... Still cheaper than here:Sad:

9. haganap

Ralph I can only think that you must of been on the edge, When in Lux there is always a massive q of lorries awaiting to fill up, This year we went in to the city the prices are the same everywhere in lux

10. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

If crossing via Dover - Calais then the only stations worth a look at in France are at the Auchan Supermarkets (there is one in Calais and another at Dunkerque), but diesel is generally slightly cheaper in Belgium than France.....and Calais is only 35 miles from the Belgium border.

11. Bulletguy

If crossing via Dover - Calais then the only stations worth a look at in France are at the Auchan Supermarkets (there is one in Calais and another at Dunkerque), but diesel is generally slightly cheaper in Belgium than France.....and Calais is only 35 miles from the Belgium border.

12. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Hi, Try Comparer les prix du carburant
    This website provides real time fuel prices across the whole of France. Generally still cheaper than the UK. Keep away from the motorway service stations.

Regards,
    Philip

13. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Further to my last, I’ve just checked the diesel price at Carrefour in Calais and using the latest exchange rate (1.2488) it comes in at 93.6 pence.
    The price at my local Asda supermarket is £1.14, so it's still a considerable saving compared to the UK if you choose the right places.

Regards,
    Philip.

14. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

For future reference Philip, is there a Carrefour in Calais that can be accessed by a 3m high van?

15. Bulletguy

Sound advice!

They are notorious for ripping off foreign motorists unfamiliar with euros. Always check the figure at the pump...then again at the point of payment.

16. ralph-dot

Again thanks for all the replies, we will be entering via Zeebrugge, we do know the area well, so will fill up there, before heading to Normandy.

Ralph

17. Bulletguy

Very good website Phil. :thumb:

If anyone knows of similar sites for other European countries such as Belgium, Germany, Czech and Poland, i'd much appreciate a link.

18. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Graham,
    Not sure about the 3 meter rule at Carrefour, (that's a very good question) when I had a look via Google earth I was of the view that some Motorhomes were 'on site' so assume they will cater for both lorries/Motorhomes.

Perhaps others could advise on this point !!!

Stick with the website I sent you, I picked this up from members on this site and it has been invaluable in my journey planning. It will save me a sizable sum.

Regards,
    Philip