Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Last few mornings noticed a wet patch under the engine bay of my 2000 fiat ducato, 2.8jdtd. Went and travelled 200 miles this weekend to famous Tenby Wales and used about £50 diesel. Thought WHAT :whatthe: tonight and checked where the motorhome was parked only to unload it, to find 2 little wet patches of fresh DIESEL i think :Eeek:

Not mechanically minded but it's in the middle of the engine bay, of what i think is the alternator bit. Looks as if it could be leaking from the carbaretor above, if the 2.8 jdtd has one ! Bottam part of the leak is a metal round case that has a rubber nipple on it about 1cm or so.

Can anybody help diagnose while i call a couple of garages tommorow morning ?
Thanks in advance, as usual.........................:thumb:

Last edited:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi, carb are for Petrol engines, Diesel have pumps, I have the 2.8jtd but not sure were the pump is, but if its a round cylinder i suspect it will be your fuel filter, and it as propberbly only come lose, if so this is nothing and will soon be sorted

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it is diesel, which im not doubting, then it sounds like a fractured/corroded fuel line or a leaking fuel filter housing.
as you have no mechanical knowledge, no offence, you need a garage to check it out and replace whatever's leaking.

sorry, missed the bit about the round cylinder.....that will be the fuel filter and as Graham said....easily fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back