Diesel -iIs there any difference? (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep...... The superfuels (as opposed to supermarkets versus branded) do give better performance in engines that "work hard" - either tuned or lugging a weight around. I'm baffled why it makes no discernible difference on the Merc, though.

john kyte

Free Member
Dec 17, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Ex ambulance
Exp
I had a 91 Pajero it used to do 31 mpg on Morrisons---only 28 on the more expensive diesel

and yes, my present 96 Merc does most mpg on Morrisons

rv pusher

Free Member
Dec 18, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
try putting two stroke oil in with your diesel I use 300ml per 60lt cleans the engine also more mpg.

google two stroke oil in diesel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
try putting two stroke oil in with your diesel I use 300ml per 60lt cleans the engine also more mpg.

google two stroke oil in diesel

but check with vehicle manufacturer first.

certain way to kill a Mercedes CRD engine......wont tolerate ANY adatives, commercial or old wives remedies

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Diesel

I know some one that works at the fuel depot in Devon, He told me that Morrisons will not add additives to there fuel, as the additives cost so much,:Eeek:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
but check with vehicle manufacturer first.

certain way to kill a Mercedes CRD engine......wont tolerate ANY adatives, commercial or old wives remedies

Modern common rail diesels - absolutely right. :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I know some one that works at the fuel depot in Devon, He told me that Morrisons will not add additives to there fuel, as the additives cost so much,:Eeek:

Same as most of the others - they will only add something over and above the basic requirements if they absolutely have to. That is everyone. Anti foaming additive. I am willing to bet that Morrisons do add that - or nobody would buy their fuel!! :winky:

I keep looking at the drums of cetane improver that our fuel treatment people use, and wonder if anyone would miss some............:winky:

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
utter bullsh*t, look at millers eco max and all the other firms that sell the same product made for the modern engines.

And your qualifications for such a sweeping statement?

Disagree if you must but there is no need at all to be so insulting and unnecessarily aggressively rude on what is a friendly forum :Angry::Angry::Angry: I will put it down to the fact that it is -ahem - rather late in the evening

Millers and other additives are basically cetane improvers and people are free to use them if they want but most modern manufacturers do NOT recommend the use of additives. I would not even consider using it in my own Merc

Edit - I suspect that you may not have read all this thread, or if you have, you simply ignored the bits you didn't like.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back