Diesel heaters

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Ivory55, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

We was discussing at work would a truck night heater which is 24v be able in any way to work in a motorhome ? Wondered if it was possible and shall I start dismantling my truck in my lunch break:Smile:.

2. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Should not be a problem,but be quick though and get a "24-12 volt dropper" because when the boss finds out,your P45 could be home before YOU !!!:Doh:
    Tea Bag.
    PS. You may find it harder to sleep in your m/home due to the noise,remember,when bedding down in the lorry,you are tired enough to sleep through a bombing raid.
    PPS. If you are NOT tired?? as above..........." Your P45....etc.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:"
    Tea Bag

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

It was a lunch time discussion , one driver said it could not be done that's why they are cheaper then motorhome 12v heaters and they could only ever work on 24v .

4. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

Eberspacer do their own 24-12 convrters

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

No cant be done no way never ever
    ps Send me the bits when you get it out:Wink:

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

eh !!!! Surely you mean a 12v to 24v converter

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

My Eberspacher works fine on 12 volts. In fact, much better than the Truma 4000 LPG heater, which is supposedly the best on the market.

9. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

I had a Eberspacher diesel heater in my motorhome 12v and it was excellent , worked very efficiently and kept mh lovely and warm, don't know about 24v down to 12v though, although it can be done no problem with a dropper, but will it work ok????? don't know what mine was 12v or dropped 24v to 12v?????? don't know, but it worked perfectly.
    Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  10. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

should work ok with the right 12v -24v voltage converter , I,ve got an Eberspacher D5 in mine that has been playing up but as I work with the heaters mainly D4 / D2 models I tend to keep a bits and pieces in stock, rather than carry on messing about with mine I was going to replace it , trouble is I have virtually brand new Mikuni MY30 sitting here but it's 12v and my system is 24v so either voltage dropper or battery balancer required,

11. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    I am not a qualified Auto electrician or maths teacher,i have to take my shoes off if struggling to count above 10. However,after years of "Putting a little sand down:Wink:." I have found that more often than not along will come some one to put me right at no expense to myself...RESULT.
    Thank you for your input and correcting me,it is a win win again,for not only myself,but other people may have learned from my error. In the old days we used to ask for a 24-12v dropper for the CB's was i wrong there as well ?:Doh::Doh:.
    Keep up the good work,if you learn some thing new of a day,the day is not wasted:thumb:.
    Tea Bag.
    PS.Despite all teachers best efforts and the promise of a "Mercian" racing cycle from my parents,i failed my 13+ to :Eeek:
    PPS. I did get a bike it was a.......... Hercules Kestrel.:Smile:

12. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

No mate you were right then if fitting CB's into a truck using a 24v system, the CB would have required a 12v supply via a 24v-12v dropper, the OP was talking about using a 24v night heater from a truck in a motorhome that uses a 12v system hence needing a 12v - 24v voltage converter

13. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I was going to vote this 'Today's Most Confused Thread' beating the one about Fiat autoboxes narrowly into second place, but it has turned out well in the end! Don't you love it here?

• Like Like x 1