Diesel heater fitted anyone?? (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Just parked up for the night in Pickering. Webasto is on , and it's very quiet. No tv on , cos we can't find the controls.... Quiet .
I've even been outside to check .
If any of you diesel heater slaters are at Whitby Goth , with the funsters this weekend. You are more than welcome to come and listen......
The old type did make a racket , we've parked next to one on a rally , but the MH was ancient too.
I know the erbespatcher are noisier too. As we've been next to those.
It's not a dry heat either. Though we found the truma blown air gas fire thingy in our caravan dry. And a bit useless really. Especially for winter use.
Why would they fit it as an upgrade to MH if it was so bad?
Thing is , we had Webasto on our old MH. We camped all year round in -15 temps . We were always warm. Because it's on a thermostat we leave it on . The whole van is warm. Even when driving.

Ralph's converted our new one, to our specific needs , he certainly wouldn't have spent £1500 ( unfitted , as he did that , so it would have been more ! ) on a brand new up to date system, if we thought it was dry ,noisy ,smelly and expensive to run.
We would fully recommend the system we bought. Plus we bought the whole system including all the ducts vents , insulation etc local to us. In Ossett. They couldn't have been more helpful .
Hardly touches the diesel even if it's on all day and night.
Ralph says go for it. You won't regret it.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
All sorted now. Visited my chosen company in Sunderland and nothing but positive replies to ALL my questions. His price
is over £400 less than Ive been quoted for the same unit and he is fitting twin outlets.
Very different to my experiences earlier in the week from the don't want work companies. I'm sure they had inflated the price
because its a leisure vehicle. Why have so many businesses got this to busy attitude when half the time they are self employed and working 20 hours a week..

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
DIY fitted a second hand one (ex BT van) once to an R-V, Fairly simple job, as it turned out. Piped it into the Front of the Unit to assist with de-frost on Winter Mountain Hauls!. with the vents shut. with them open it heated the front end Nicely!. As said Noisy but when they settle you can (I have) sleep through it. Same with cab heaters in Lorries. No different really to Living alongside a 9 Cylinder (80,000BHP) Marine Engine doing 110 revs day and night for several weeks. When it Stops you wake up! and think Bloody hell! I've gone deaf!

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi PeteH.
Same as Fridge boxes on a trailer at night....... "Who switched it OFF!!?"
Tea Bag