did you meet friends of mine caceres in spain (1 Viewer)

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Friends of mine have just come back from 6 months away in spain and portugal, and they have just mentioned that they met some funsters, but they cant remember there names.

My mates van had the problem with the wheel bearing and they had an old hymer 694. Annette also gave you a load of books.

Was this you?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well it was - and it wasn't !! LOL

Pete (Trophychap) and I were on the aire in Caceres at that very time, your friends were parked 'on the side' in the 'Bus Parking' and because of being stuck there until the local Ford dealer could have the van in and mend it, asked if we were perchance moving soon, so they could move and be on the actual aire so hopefully they wouldn’t get harangued to move.

We were with another couple at the time – whom we had met on the aire at Capbreton in May 2013. They are fulltimers and we each went our separate ways.

Meanwhile some time later, we went to Portugal over Xmas and New Year and in early March we were meandering back through Spain, sat at Caceres for the night and whose face should appear round our van, than the chap who we had met at Capbreton. They were also on their way to Calais for the ferry. That evening we agreed to meander back together, ish.

It made a really nice change having company along the way although none of us want to make a habit out of it – it suited us all at the time.

Anyway – it was Jez, the other lady, who your friend handed the books over to. (Keith & Jez) Pete and I both have Kindles and have given up books in the motorhome LOL cos they hit you in the face when they fall out of lockers LOL and at a rate of about a book a day each when the weather is inclement, you can’t carry enough of em.

We thought they seemed nice people, and hope they got the wheel bearing sorted, cos he did say they were sposed to have already had it mended in Portugal but clearly whoever did it, didn’t make a very good job !

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
steve and annette say Hi, as they are currently sitting in my living room. To0ld them I would get a reply before they bugger off for the eveing.

They did get the bearing fixed. but there problems ddint end there but there home now (ovboisly as were drinking).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Small world LOL

As I get older, I swear it gets even smaller !

We'll have to ring the other two tomorrow and tell them - I dunno where they are at the mo, they were resident on a pub carpark last time we spoke ! :winky:

OP
OP
J

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
very small.

if your going to the peterborough show they will be there on the saturday::bigsmile:

No spelling mistakes today, bit drunk last night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back