Did we ever get an answer ?? (1 Viewer)

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
In June 0f 2010 the following posting appeared in a thread on Spanish A-frames

hi all, below is an email from graham watson mep which i received yesterday, regards sean.

Dear Mr Magee,

Thank you for your email of 3 June regarding the use of "A-Frames" on Spanish roads.

There certainly seems to be a great deal of confusion surrounding this issue so I have written to the Spanish Transport Minister and the European Commissioner for Transport for clarification. I shall be pleased to revert to you once I have received a response.

Yours sincerely,

Graham Watson MEP
Liberal Democrat Member of the European Parliament for South West England and Gibraltar
www.grahamwatsonmep.org

I note that the poster appears now to be a 'read only' funster ??

Has anybody seen a reply ??

poacher

I have meanwhile written to Mr. Watson seeking a copy of his reply - which I will post upon receipt - if no-one has beaten me to it :)

OP
OP
poacher

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
The below link - issued in February of this year- might indicate the content of any response we might receive from Mr. Watson :Sad:

Link Removed

I still intend to pursue and will post a copy of the reply from the Spanish authorities if one is forthcoming

poacher

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Realistically he could have obtained equal or better info from Fun- be interesting to see if he gets some definitive info in due course

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
so there we have it folks....straight from an MEP.....:winky::roflmto:

Under UK law, drivers of motorhomes wishing to tow a car behind are allowed to use an A-frame device in order to do so. However, it has recently become clear that in Spain, the A-frame is illegal, with fines of up to 250 Euros being placed upon motorists.
South West Euro-MP Graham Watson has been contacted by several constituents who have encountered legal difficulties and now wants to ensure all motorists wishing to tow vehicles this summer in Spain are aware of the A-frame ban.
'Some users have contacted me on this issue, and following discussions with the Commission it is evident there is no clear-cut EU wide provision on their use across the EU. A number of constituents have assumed that because the frame is legal in the UK, it would be the same in continental Europe and this is not the case.'

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
so there we have it folks....straight from an MEP.....:winky::roflmto:

You may well laugh John .. :roflmto:

Just shows how much he does or doesn't know, :RollEyes:

Being 'allowed' does not make it legal in the UK.. just not illegal ... yet.

It is illegal in Spain .. there is no dubiety, what other clarification is needed ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You may well laugh John .. :roflmto:

Just shows how much he does or doesn't know, :RollEyes:

Being 'allowed' does not make it legal in the UK.. just not illegal ... yet.

It is illegal in Spain .. there is no dubiety, what other clarification is needed ?
i'm sure you're aware it was posted in jest Jim, but he does go on to say....

A number of constituents have assumed that because the frame is legal in the UK,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i'm sure you're aware it was posted in jest Jim, but he does go on to say....

A number of constituents have assumed that because the frame is legal in the UK,

YES.. I did know you were jesting ..:roflmto:

my reply came over the wrong way.. :Doh:

That's what I meant when I said 'you may well laugh' ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back