Did I book too early?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by steveclecy, Nov 12, 2010.

1. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Depressed by dismal November days and gale force winds, and having both sorted our holiday dates for 2011, we took the plunge today and booked our crossing. Using the C&CC website, booked online for Eurotunnel, outward trip daytime Saturday in June, inbound daytime Sunday 15 days later, with MH up to 7 metres, got a price of £112.50 which we have had to pay immediately.

There will be another £30 to pay by phone for the dog - the online system would not price that in, but have to ring them ASAP to add that to the booking.

I don't think that is bad for Eurotunnel. We had to pay just under £100 via SeaFrance last May (including dog) but they were nowhere near that for June next year - wanted £172.

Did we book too early? Will the deals get better? Who knows, but feel happy that our crossing is booked and paid for (by card, of course) and take our mind off these grey days.

Steve

2. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

I am sure it cost £164 for the tunnel on our trip this year (Including the dog), so you certainly don't seem to have made a bad deal :BigGrin:

3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

no you havent booked to early remember VAT goes up in January so providing you have booked and paid in full you wont have to pay the extra VAT

4. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

No you havent booked too early with the Tunnel.

Prices increase after the cheaper fares go.

sonja

5. sedge

sedge Funster

We paid £142 for a late night crossing this year - we are 6m something - so I say no you haven't! Except it actually only cost us £35 Tesco vouchers plus 2 of the actual English pounds - but that's another matter isn't it!! :BigGrin:

6. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

But...........but..............but.............you have given someone £112.50 of your money....interest free for 7 months.........:Eeek:

7. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

Paid less than £40 each way on P&O ferries last time. Just rung up a few days before we left. Booked as two separate trips as we never know when we are coming back. No dog though.

Never fancied the tunnel. I like the boat.

8. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Agree - and not something I can be too happy about.

But I am getting something like 0.5% on the account that I used.

80 pence or so?

Steve

9. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

We usually book through Direct Ferries and go with Sea France. It has always been £50 return plus £25 for the dog. I don't think that's too bad. Another small thing, which I will just whisper. When we called DF to bring our return trip forward by 4 days, they wanted £48. I declined their offer and was only charged £10 in the ticket office at Calais. I suppose that's ok if you can be flexible.
    Ivy