Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
8 mths
Hi all, we're new to this and really don't know what we're doing, we are Dave and Glo and we have just bought a 1996 Swift Royale. We started motorhoming last year in a 1988 Fiat and just loved it, we went to Holland in August and France in October with our daughter who is 12. We travelled down to Futurscope near Poitiers and are planning to go to Germany in August. Hoping to go to the Newbury show but haven't booked yet. Just wanted to introduce ourselves and say hello to everyone.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We all started off not knowing what we were doing. Some of us still like that! Welcome, this is the place to be to learn from others. Don't be afraid to ask. I have learned much in 12 months.

Steve

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, if you check the threads, there is a group on here going to newbury and if you are quick you could join them in the club area

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave and Glo, there will be a dozen or so Funsters at Newbury, book before the 30th and you will save a few quid and be parked up right inside the show. Meanwhile, thanks for registering and welcome to the Fun:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Welcome to MH FUN flyingwelcome

Good to have you join our mad house.

Don't worry about what you know you will soon learn, we all started the same.

Best of luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome: from me too :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Dave and Glo we are not new and still don't know what we're doing :Smile: welcome ::bigsmile:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi Dave and Glo WELCOME to the fun, I`ve been doing it 6 years and still have those ooer moments, you will find most on here helpful if you need an answer to any problems :thumb::thumb::thumb:Cheers Rob W

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello and welcome. I am sure you will make many friends on here who will help you through the simple and difficult learning curve.

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Hello and welcome.

well I am really pleased to hear that so many others have been doing it for a while and still say they don't know what they are doing. :Smile:

Whenever we go to a site I am always thinking that the other m/h owners and caravan owners too are all old hands at it and are just sitting and watching behind their screens to see what mistakes we make. :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps it isn't like that at all then !:Doh: although I BET some are!:RollEyes:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Whenever we go to a site I am always thinking that the other m/h owners and caravan owners too are all old hands at it and are just sitting and watching behind their screens to see what mistakes we make.

Perhaps it isn't like that at all then ! although I BET some are!

Well so far I haven't made too many mistakes (there was that field I got stuck in second time out...but let's skip over that :Doh:) but I do find myself taking an age to get anything done.

Partly it's the size of my van - small enough to make moving things around something you need to plan ahead, but still big enough to lose stuff in....ALL THE :censored:2 TIME! Partly it's me trying not to rush things and make a fool of myself.

By the time I'm sitting down and eating breakfast, half the other vans are on their way out for the day. By the time I finish breakfast, I'm the only one left :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back