DFDS ferry prices

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Larby, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Larby

Larby Funster

Getting itchy feet so been checking ferry prices. DFDS were usually cheapest but not now for me.
    Entering 3m height and up to 10m length the price is £75 minimum when it was around £45.
    Checked P & O, minimum of £44 with MY Ferry at £43.75. Shuttle £90 so no contest.

What's changed with DFDS?

2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Last year DFDS (through Caravan club) was £46 return. This year was £92 directly or through CC. Exactly double. Don't know why. So I booked with Myferry (the old seaFrance). Ferry was reasonably good for the price. The captain's announcements were with a heavy French accent so that put me in the spirit for the next leg of my journey:Rofl1:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  3. chrissyvine

chrissyvine Read Only Funster

In France now and checked Dieppe to Newhaven on Web last week. Entered dates and times for next week (after D-day) and got between £103.50 to £162 for 18.00 boat and £90 for 05,30. Came over in December for £58. Now booked Calais-Dover for £45.02 via Camping & Caravan Club.:thumb:

4. chrissyvine

Have you got a mini-motorhome? or are these car prices? Read my post, I was quoted £90 cheapest for a single. Van is 6.5m x 3m high.

5. chrissyvine

Could it possibly have anything to do with Brittany Ferries taking over one of the routes from DFDS?

6. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I paid £54 each way Dover Dunkirk last month

7. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

My Ferry beat the others hands down when we went in May.£43 out,£48 back both booked the night before travel and at sensible times.Simples:thumb:

8. LARRY99

LARRY99 Funster Life Member

Perhaps booking early makes a difference to the price?

Last year booked with the cc.... Dfds Dover to Calais £48 return. (Booked in January for a May sailing. 9.5mtr x 3.10 mtr)

This year Booked in March for June sailing. ( no cc code req like last year) £36. One way. (Sensible times. 10.15 next Friday morning)

So they have doubled the price , But not by as much as some are being charged

:thumb:

9. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

Ferry prices

Just booked P & O Dover - Calais through CC for July: £94.53 return for mid day sailings. P & O direct were, from memory, some £150! And they were the cheapest non CC quotes, illogical somehow!