Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Like I said for some it works,for me no thanks
Brian & Jo

dont you think that's a hell of a high premium to pay for a RHD that really costs less then £2000 more for a steering wheel on the wrong side...the window wipers dont even work properly as the RHD are not true conversions..even the cab drivers door on the wrong side:rolleyes:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I considered importing but decided that buying my Hymer from a local dealer who I can ring or call in at the drop of a hat was a back up that I preferred.
Coupled with that as most of our travelling in the future will be in the UK a RHD was the deciding factor.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
dont you think that's a hell of a high premium to pay for a RHD that really costs less then £2000 more for a steering wheel on the wrong side...the window wipers dont even work properly as the RHD are not true conversions..even the cab drivers door on the wrong side:rolleyes:

The window wipers on my Hymer are correct for RHD (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Premium or not it's my choice to buy in the UK.having had a business in the UK for 31 yrs I always try to support businesses that are local.if everyone was going to Europe to buy their tyres I wouldn't have a business.like I said if it works for you then do it .its not for me..
P.S.my wipers work fine .
Brian & Jo

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
On the link that emmitdb kindly posted, the price given in euro's has the notation '19.00% MwSt' underneath.
Is this an indication that
there is 19% to be added or
does it mean that 19% is included or
neither of the above

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
On the link that emmitdb kindly posted, the price given in euro's has the notation '19.00% MwSt' underneath.
Is this an indication that
there is 19% to be added or
does it mean that 19% is included or
neither of the above

I'm sure that Judge Mental will confirm that the 19% vat is included in the price of just under €62000. There would be an additional 1% vat to pay on arrival in the UK ie €620 about £484. There would be other costs but they're nowhere near the £60000+ that they want in the UK

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Don't know how you guys buy new motorhomes months in advance, I just couldn't do it , if I can't buy it today and drive off in it tomorrow , just not interested, apart from anything else if you have waited 6 months , by the time you get on the road , it's last years model, even if you get it when they say.
I'm with Chaser on this. We bought our new van that was in the showroom from a dealer. Exactly the spec we wanted and we drove it away a couple of weeks later ( it would have been sooner but we went on holiday for 10 days after we saw the van) The van had been in the showroom for less than a week.
Anyway, hope you get yourself a van sorted out, I couldn't wait till August. If it's late, thats your summer gone, and if you don't use it all year round, that's a lot of money depreciating over winter when you haven't even used it!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would be tempted to take the van with a substantial cash wedge coming your way.

Unless it absolutely has to be an automatic.

In that case I would demand a full refund of any deposit and look elsewhere.

Good luck.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I'm sorry this has happened to you. Don't be tempted to settle for the manual, you may be considering it just to get the van, but you will regret that compromise long after you've forgotten all this upset. Good luck.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hope you get sorted and to your liking. Sorry for your massive disappointment.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Wipers dont on an A class I can assure you....check, lots complain regards this issue. Fine you want to be mugged off supporting predatory pricing in what is supposed to be a common market!lolFine...your money your choice.

Like I said on any order book I have seen the difference for RHD has never been over £2000 in fact the two manufacturers I know the cost was £1400:rolleyes:

I repeat with A class the whole body is LHD so not a proper RHD conversion. They cost no more to produce.....oh the oven forgot the oven.... now that's worth £25000 more!lol. The caravan door on the wrong side as well. If you want a driver cab door you have to order a second one which weakens the structure IMO

In Europe you can buy from stock just like buying a car here..unless a factory order but still far quicker then waiting on the occasional run of RHD.Can have the van on the road in a month it only takes a day to go get it and get proper professional support and service.....

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'm sure that Judge Mental will confirm that the 19% vat is included in the price of just under €62000. There would be an additional 1% vat to pay on arrival in the UK ie €620 about £484. There would be other costs but they're nowhere near the £60000+ that they want in the UK
You export vat free so pay the lower value advertised. Plus discounts up to 17% negotiable on top if new order.... you pay the 20% vat here so Osborne still gets your tax money....

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm with Judge Mental on this.

Hymer Tramp CL554 are on sale in Germany for €61900. I appreciate that it may (or may not) have the extras but that could be organised.

Broken Link Removed

They are also on sale in Germany for €73,000 plus the extra 1% VAT on import plus a few other things no doubt so you really have to compare like with like spec and the OP has to want a LHD and be prepared to go back to Germany for warranty and service work, so then possibly it doesn't look so tempting against dealing with the UK and getting exactly what you want at a fixed price and not dependant on you getting a good exchange rate.

Broken Link Removed

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are also on sale in Germany for €73,000 plus the extra 1% VAT on import plus a few other things no doubt so you really have to compare like with like spec and the OP has to want a LHD and be prepared to go back to Germany for warranty and service work, so then possibly it doesn't look so tempting against dealing with the UK and getting exactly what you want at a fixed price and not dependant on you getting a good exchange rate.

Martin
I think you'll find that this isn't the case.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wipers dont on an A class I can assure you....check, lots complain regards this issue. .
Sorry Eddie that is not correct in my experience. My RHD B class wipers run the opposite way to the ones on the LHD ones. Compare this picture (which is a RHD model) with Broken Link Removed (which is a LHD model). The wipers on my B678 are like the ones on the RHD model.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Sorry Eddie that is not correct in my experience. My RHD B class wipers run the opposite way to the ones on the LHD ones. Compare this picture (which is a RHD model) with Broken Link Removed (which is a LHD model). The wipers on my B678 are like the ones on the RHD model.
I suspect Eddie is talking about the mechanicals rather than the sweep itself.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Wipers dont on an A class I can assure you....check, lots complain regards this issue. Fine you want to be mugged off supporting predatory pricing in what is supposed to be a common market!lolFine...your money your choice.

Like I said on any order book I have seen the difference for RHD has never been over £2000 in fact the two manufacturers I know the cost was £1400:rolleyes:

I repeat with A class the whole body is LHD so not a proper RHD conversion. They cost no more to produce.....oh the oven forgot the oven.... now that's worth £25000 more!lol. The caravan door on the wrong side as well. If you want a driver cab door you have to order a second one which weakens the structure IMO

In Europe you can buy from stock just like buying a car here..unless a factory order but still far quicker then waiting on the occasional run of RHD.Can have the van on the road in a month it only takes a day to go get it and get proper professional support and service.....

Just to prove para 1 ? :whistle2:
image.jpeg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Yes Hymer have a PROPER Pan European wide warranty system that UK dealers are bound to support..although some will tell you the opposite to support there dubious exploitative position..If you could buy RHD in europe te market would change overnight here!lol

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I suspect Eddie is talking about the mechanicals rather than the sweep itself.
Not sure what you mean by that. Mechanically mine work in the opposite direction to those on LHD vehicles. The mechanisms themselves are in different positions on the windscreen as well - just compare the two piccys. I will have to be careful what windscreen I order if my one is ever broken!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Broken Link Removed

Martin

Fair Do's Fun,
They are on sale for €11-12000 more in Germany (and as an aside, the one I identified did say there was an €8000 discount,) but the point is, I put Hymer T544CL into Mobile's website and it gave me 19, yes 19 seperate 'vans for sale, immediately in Germany.

You would be free to negotiate to your hearts content, and that's not a thing I'm good at, but with so much choice, as Eddie, (if I may be so bold) said, there are deals to be done.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

I think the Hymer pan European service and warranty debate has been done here a few times, but either way I can't see your local Hymer dealer bending over backwards to help with with warranty issues after you have just deprived him of a sale. If somebody has experience otherwise OK but if I was me contemplating important that would be one of my concerns.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Fair Do's Fun,
They are on sale for €11-12000 more in Germany (and as an aside, the one I identified did say there was an €8000 discount,) but the point is, I put Hymer T544CL into Mobile's website and it gave me 19, yes 19 seperate 'vans for sale, immediately in Germany.

You would be free to negotiate to your hearts content, and that's not a thing I'm good at, but with so much choice, as Eddie, (if I may be so bold) said, there are deals to be done.
As the one I identified has €5,790 discounted already. For sure there is a far better choice in Germany and far more chance of finding a stock vehicle that suits but it will still be LHD.

Martin

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Well i for one certainly could not go traipsing backwards and forwards to Germany for snagging problems to be sorted .and i have never heard of a new motorhome that has had no snagging problems .i just wouldnt have the the time .im not sure about Hymer but i know that with N&B Travelworld will not honour warranty work when the vechicle is purchased from Europe.And like Martin that is a big concern for me.
Brian & Jo

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry - I can see from the number plate that you bought from the same dealer as me (Becks). Must have been after me though because that number plate was still available when I chose mine!

Hi Peter
Yes , bought it from Becks and collected on 9th Feb .
We went to Simpsons at GtYarmouth a couple of weeks earlier to look at a new Rapido with similar layout to the B544 but the central locking and the drop down bed had both failed as well as some doors were loose so we walked away.
Then decided as we were out to have yet another visit to Becks not intending to buy , but did , it had a good spec including auto , should learn to keep hands in pockets :rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think the Hymer pan European service and warranty debate has been done here a few times, but either way I can't see your local Hymer dealer bending over backwards to help with with warranty issues after you have just deprived him of a sale. If somebody has experience otherwise OK but if I was me contemplating important that would be one of my concerns.

Martin
I've never bought abroad however I have had warranty work done in the UK at a separate place to that which I bought a new MH from, the last example being an Autocruise which went to a local caravan repair centre who Swift were happy for me to use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back