Dettox mould and mildew remover

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by John and Cheryl, Nov 4, 2011.

1. John and Cheryl

John and Cheryl Read Only Funster

Just spent the afternoon getting the mould and other marks off my awning and I’m very pleased with the result.:RollEyes:
    A bit of advise to the newbies like me if you have a problem the first port of call should be do a search I find the advaced search and typing one keyword in the best, the chances are you wont be the first to have this problem and the answer to solve your problem will be waiting for you it was for me.
    A big thank you to pappajohn, Peter at Johns_Cross_Motorhomes's Heyupluv who suggested using Dettox mould and mildew remover.:thumb:
    Its £3 something from B&Q and other places.
    My awning looks like a brand new one now :BigGrin:

2. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Getting the mould / mildew , marks off the awning will it effect the shower / rain proof quality
    as we have some starting to show on our awning and would like to remove it before it gets worse

I know they are not waterproof but good with light showers

3. jaygee

jaygee Funster

That stuff is super good, we use it to remove the mould stain from the internal walls in our house in Spain (condensation during the winter, unavoidable). Someone recommended it to us, one spray and the mould goes! Would have been worried about using it on fabric though, I assumed it just bleached the mould.

4. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

you can come and do mine for me if your is now so good :Blush:

5. John and Cheryl

champers I just put the water hose on it as soon has the marks had disapeared and washed it off it keeps the water off just the same.
    John

6. John and Cheryl

motorhomelover I would if I had the time but I cant find the time to get out in our motor home for its first outing (We where hoping to go to Jims for the weekend, ho the power of advertising) but it never happened.
    John

7. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

Works great doesn't it, but if you have one that is loosing it's water repelling properties then autoglym's convertable top cleaner is superb I use yhis on the corvette roof and have used it on an awning that started to soak water up, it just repelled water after cleaning very impressive.

All the best Rick