LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Anyone with any info on the Dethleffs 7150 and the black/ silver editions, good and bad, pros and cons. Pm me if really bad. Always liked the look of these and at the moment half temped to sell RV and go for one. Over to you guys. :thumb:

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Dethleffs van

Hi

We have a Dethleffs 6501T (2009) which we bought just over a year ago.

I cannot comment on the model you are considering other than based on our MH the built quality is likely to be very good and others I have looked at seem similarly well built. So I would suggest that if the van offers you the layout you need then certainly give it favourable consideration.

One concern I had when we bought our van was that it did not have a separate warm air heater that worked by convection. The warm air system in the van requires the fan to be operating all the time the gas burner is operating however it does warm up quickly. It appears that our 2 batteries (total 200amp) and solar panel (80) can cope with this. Although our van is not winterised it seems that inside our van keeps warmer than our previous one.

Not much but I hope this helps.

Doug

Given the money and the wish to change our van I would certainly put it on my list.

Our unit was originally supplied by Pullingers but I can say we had some excellent service from Premier Motorhomes near Chichester when we had a problem with the kitchen tap. (I may not have drained it fully for the winter).

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi

We have a Dethleffs 6501T (2009) which we bought just over a year ago.

I cannot comment on the model you are considering other than based on our MH the built quality is likely to be very good and others I have looked at seem similarly well built. So I would suggest that if the van offers you the layout you need then certainly give it favourable consideration.

One concern I had when we bought our van was that it did not have a separate warm air heater that worked by convection. The warm air system in the van requires the fan to be operating all the time the gas burner is operating however it does warm up quickly. It appears that our 2 batteries (total 200amp) and solar panel (80) can cope with this. Although our van is not winterised it seems that inside our van keeps warmer than our previous one.

Not much but I hope this helps.

Doug

Given the money and the wish to change our van I would certainly put it on my list.

Our unit was originally supplied by Pullingers but I can say we had some excellent service from Premier Motorhomes near Chichester when we had a problem with the kitchen tap. (I may not have drained it fully for the winter).

I maybe wrong but I thought all Defleffs were winterised / insulated to a very good standard?
terry

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Dethleffs

Hi Terry

I don't think our van is deemed to be fully winterised. The waste tank is underslung and external also it does not have cavity flooring.

Regarding insulation it is certainly a warmer van than our previous van. Our friends always said our previous van (an Eldiss) was warmer than their unit but agree with us our Dethleffs van is even better. Also as I said when you turn the heating on it is very quick to warm the van up.

One other thought I would add to my earlier comments was considerations if you are likely to want to fit a tow bar. I would check what you would be able to tow if you fitted a tow bar on the van.

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Thanks for all the info so far guys. Please keep it coming, there must be more Dethleffs owners on here. :thumb:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Dethleffs

Hi, our first van in 1996 was a new Dethleffs over cab on a Fiat with 2.8tdi engine. I guess we were lucky to choose such a well-made van at our first attempt. The build quality was great and we only swapped it because we didn't need four berths. It wasnt until we bought our current van that we really appreciated the importance of build quality. dethleffs is of course part of the Hymer group. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.:thumb:

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS ADVANTAGE T6511
Exp
Since 2012
Dethleff Motorhomes

Hi,

Like DJA we bought our first motorhome a Dethleffs Advantage 6511T just over a year ago. Mary and I spent many months researching the various makes for build quality, the different layouts that were available and of course the value for money.
We also spent a lot of time on the internet reviewing other motorhome owner comments to see what issues they were experiencing.

In the end we decided that buying any motorhome, new or second hand was a bit of lottery but we also felt rightly or wrongly, bearing in mind we had never owned a motorhome before, that the German built makes, Dethleffs, Hymer, Burstner etc were of a superior build quality and appeared very durable and built to last.

In the end our motorhome came up for sale at Premier Motorhomes Chichester and now after touring for just over a year we are absolutely delighted with it.
If our motorhome is the normal quality standard and I think it is, then I would recommend owing a Dethleffs to all my friends and family.

Cheers,

Doug & Mary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back