Dethleffs 5975 Fortero or similar? (1 Viewer)

Marmot

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Hi

I am presently at the stage of looking to purchase my first (used) Motorhome. A few days ago i put a thread on the "Beginner" Forum, but having seen this specific forum i feel this may be a more suitable place for my questions.
Dethleffs is a brand i am considering and would appreciate the input of anyone who has experience of this type of van (good or bad). More specifically i am considering a Fortero 5975 on a Ford Transit, which is a sub 6m van with a fixed rear bed. This appears similar to a number of other models such as the globevan and summer edition, although apart from the Fortero being slightly wider i can not see any real difference!?
I am also aware that Dethleffs use an Alluminium skin on thier coachbuilts whereas others are GRP. What are the advantages/disadvantages of these different types of construction.

Thanks for your time.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
dethleffs are an under rated van. made to the same high standards as hymer and hobby but with differences.

at a show i was speaking to a motorhome dealer and he said that on the whole they get very few problems with the dethleffs vans as apposed to the other brands they sell but maybe thats a german thing.

i am very happy with mine although slightly different to what you are looking at being fiat and 8 metres.

get yourself to a dealership or the NEC show and have a good luck at them.

if i were to change mine i would definitely have another without doubt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back