mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
As part of my birthday present I have chunnel tickets for the bank holiday weekend. I want to go to Den Haag but looking through the sites on campercontact they look very expensive.. any tips from more experienced tourers?

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I'm a bit confused on this one. Do you mean Den Haag the city? If so, it's about 60kms from Amsterdam.

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
We stayed at the site in Delft and got the tram when we visited Den Haag.. Had your problem - it's one of the few parts of the country where it is difficult to find cheap stopovers.

Couldn't be bothered to work out complex travel from one of the marinas or other camper contact sites.

The delft site is very good though, so swallowed the cost.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
As above, we stayed at Delft and used the train to go to Amsterdam and there is a tram from Delft runs all the way to Den Haag if you don't fancy the train. By the way, Dutch trains are reasonably priced, very comfortable, and run on time.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I dont know how long you want to spend in Den Haag.
There is a company (www.Roompot.com) that have a camp site in Den Haag.
They have an offer on about €130 for a week

1. Roompot Vakanties Vakantiepark Kijkduin

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Thanks all.. Good to know I wasn't missing something and I have found my way round the various sources of info but shame it is such an expensive area.. Den Haag is one of my favourite cities and Ms Tiggs has never been there.. I saw the Delft site and it isn't really expensive compared to UK prices but not what we are used to on the mainland. I will ponder on it..

We are only going for the weekend. I think a day is enough in Amsterdam but Den Haag needs a couple of days to appreciate..

I was planning to get the train to Amsterdam but out of interest has anyone driven in to the city? Is there MH parking available during the day?

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I was planning to get the train to Amsterdam but out of interest has anyone driven in to the city? Is there MH parking available during the day?

I have driven in and out of Amsterdam when attending an exhibition no problem. However, I was lulled into driving colleagues to a restaurant, a nightmare parking and cyclists coming at you from every direction. They have their own traffic lights etc. the railway system is fabulous, use the train.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I've driven around Amsterdam many times and have found it to be straight forward. You do need to keep you wits about you as JohnH says, there's a lot of traffic there but everyone is very tolerant of cars/vans/motorhomes/trains/busses/cyclists all on the same road!

We have stayed at Camping Gasper and also Camping Zeeburg and would recommend them both. They're within walking distance of trams that will take you direct to the railways station.

Personally, I would stay in Den Haag and get the train into Amsterdam.

Have fun!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back