Demountable...Truck Camper Question

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by dazzer, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Anyone know if its legal to travel in a demountable camper when driving?? :Eeek:

Im not after opinions on safety aspects or seatbelt legislation!! :Doh:

Cheers :thumb:

2. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Anyone got any ideas??? :Wink: Anyone at all or have i stumped you lot :Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Drop a PM to Nigel (Sundowner) he has a demountable so may know the answer :Smile:

You'll have to trade that truck of yours in for one with a bigger rear end if you're going to get a demountable with any space to move around in though! :Laughing:

4. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Hi Linda

Thanks for that ill drop him a line. Thinking about building my own!!! :Eeek:

Looked at the cost of em in the UK :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Then the cost in the USA plus transport and my contribution to the great and the good government of this fantastic country we all live in and decided to look at building my own :Eeek: im pretty sure i can build one for less than £6-7k which seems to be the price of a pretty old used unit here. (Or i can get a custom built one for £20ishK :Rofl1::Rofl1:........like thats going to happen :Blush:)

How difficult can it be :Doh: Its just a few wall with a floor and a roof, some jack legs and a transplanted carvan interior. Only want it for little old me to go diving in so small is good!!

Might even bolt a compressor onto it if its not to heavy :thumb:

Oh yes and get rid of my baby......hell will freeze over first!!!!!

Anyone ever built there own demount....if so get in touch please :thumb: