Demean Boxer handbrake extender (1 Viewer)

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
Has anyone fitted one of these to a later (2008) motorhome and if so what modifications were needed to make it fit properly? OR
Are there any other similar devices out there for later Boxers?

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Has anyone fitted one of these to a later (2008) motorhome and if so what modifications were needed to make it fit properly? OR

are you wanting an extenter so its easier to reach or so its easier to pull on the handbrake (less effort for same about of braking force)

you could always retro fit the electric assist handbrake cable system as fitted to the renault megane senics etc.. and been french bits they tend to be very interchangable

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

I have the one made by 'rare spares' on our Ducato-works well,used to be sold on here.May still be.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Not Demean!!

It is not called a demean, just my IPad thinking it knows what I want to write!
Found the rare spares device which looks favourite at the moment.
I got stuck on a right angle bend on a steep hill a few days ago at Aysgarth Falls in Yorkshire and it was a nightmare trying to do a hill start! Had to roll back and take a run at it which is interesting using a rear view camera. Could do with 4 wheel drive really, maybe powered by my leisure batteries.....mm sounds like a potential new product?

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I have fitted a Rare Spares extender. Easily fitted and works well. But beware; it is very easy to knock the brake off accidentally. I had to get into the habit of locking the handbrake on, or leaving the MH in gear when parked up. The kit comes supplied with a locking-pin system to allow this.

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks for the advice, the last thing I want is 400kg disappearing into the distance! It will be on next years wanted list as we are about to Sorn.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
It is not called a demean, just my IPad thinking it knows what I want to write!
Found the rare spares device which looks favourite at the moment.
I got stuck on a right angle bend on a steep hill a few days ago at Aysgarth Falls in Yorkshire and it was a nightmare trying to do a hill start! Had to roll back and take a run at it which is interesting using a rear view camera. Could do with 4 wheel drive really, maybe powered by my leisure batteries.....mm sounds like a potential new product?

Think thats bad, check this out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZm7krg1vBE"]funny runaway caravan/+swearing - YouTube[/ame]

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
funnily enough i fitted one i bought of the facebook page first time out with it this weekend and works fine just need to remember its there when i jump out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back