Free Member
Jan 30, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
10 years
hielpam can someone give me some advice I have had 5 new ciONTINENTALS FROM NEW AS THE DEALER SOLD US THIS VAN NEW BUT SAID IT WAS A 2011 BUT WHEN GOING THROUGH ALL THE DOCS FOUND IT TO BE 2010 WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE HAD TO HAVE FIVE NEW TYRES BECAUSE THE VAN HAD BEEN STANDING FOR 18 MONTHS PRIOR TO US BUYING IT THE TYRES HAVE DON AROUND 4 THOUSAND AND FOUR OF THEM HAVE SPLIT ON THE WALLS I HAD TO PAY FOR TWO NEW ONES AND NOW A FOURTH ONE IS NOW SPLITTING CONTINENTAL SAID THAT DO NOT KNOW WHAT CAUSING IT BUT AS USUAL ITS MY FAULT ARE THEY GOOD FOR MY VEHICLE SWIFT ESCAPE 624 DSE ANYBODY KNOW PLEASE HELP

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
hielpam can someone give me some advice I have had 5 new ciONTINENTALS FROM NEW AS THE DEALER SOLD US THIS VAN NEW BUT SAID IT WAS A 2011 BUT WHEN GOING THROUGH ALL THE DOCS FOUND IT TO BE 2010 WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE HAD TO HAVE FIVE NEW TYRES BECAUSE THE VAN HAD BEEN STANDING FOR 18 MONTHS PRIOR TO US BUYING IT THE TYRES HAVE DON AROUND 4 THOUSAND AND FOUR OF THEM HAVE SPLIT ON THE WALLS I HAD TO PAY FOR TWO NEW ONES AND NOW A FOURTH ONE IS NOW SPLITTING CONTINENTAL SAID THAT DO NOT KNOW WHAT CAUSING IT BUT AS USUAL ITS MY FAULT ARE THEY GOOD FOR MY VEHICLE SWIFT ESCAPE 624 DSE ANYBODY KNOW PLEASE HELP

Been stood in a yard awaiting a body being put on probably

They buy them and store them get a good discount you get the problems

Probably a 2010 base with a new body
( living accommodation ) fitted in 2011

Still a 2011 van though

Oh and welcome to the forum :thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi welcome. sorry to read of your problems. do you have anything in writting from the dealer ( like your initial receipt ) that states its a 2011, if so you may have a case for deliberate misselling. any dealer worth his salt will know exactly the year of model manufacture.

on the continetal tyres , the camper tyre vanco continental are in my opinion good tyres, currently have them on our van with 9000 miles under their belts and the tread depth is hardly dicernable from when they were new.

regrettably tyres are just one thing that is rarely covered by warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS if its a FIAT and it was first registered in 2011 then Fiat will accept its base vehicle warranty from the date of first registration. had this with our last van.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If I understand you correctly, you had to buy new tyres and have since done 4,000 miles, but two of those tyres are now cracking. Sounds very odd unless they have suffered some extreme stress.
I have had 4 Continental Vanco (standard, not Camper) on since May 2008 and they have covered over 37,000 miles. There is still quite a bit of tread on them and no sign of side-wall cracking - it's just passed the MOT test.

Possibly the 'new' tyres you bought had been in storage for some time, but even that should not have caused such significant deterioration. Have you checked the manufacturing date on them? The year and week number should be moulded into one side.

OP
OP
P

pamdelc

Free Member
Jan 30, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
10 years
pamdelc

hi many thanks for welcoming us to the forum and for your kind replies I am now fitting Michelin to the van and hope it will be better I do not bump up kerbs drive excessive I am at a loss as to why the tyres are going like that I try to keep the weight down the dealer was next to usless on a new van there is so much to ask the salesman I think just wanted to get rid of that van when we went down and confronted the boss the salesman run out of the office when he see us and run round the back of the workshop I asked tony the boss where he had gone he said to the loo but I now learn he has one in the showroom not quite right swift have now said that they will now rep-lace all the thing that have gone wrong with this van new blins in loo new windscreen concertina blind and water in the cupboard in the washroom shower the fiat part runs loverly its these darn tyres iam at a loss I think we may have to trade it in new tyres every 4000 miles no go. many thanks speak to you all soon regards pam del c

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back