Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
What is it called?
Have had enough for today.:mad: But will check again tomorrow. It is a "Media" product, ie for video manipulation etc.

I am currently chilling with a G&T before dinner, but will check.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
sorry to hear about your loss, the PC issue falls into insignificance,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
What is it called?
The problem program appears to be "Cyberlink Madia Suite".

At least that is the one I cannot uninstall. Trying to opens multiple windows quicker than I can close them with Task Manager. I don't know if that is what is making loading etc so slow.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The problem program appears to be "Cyberlink Madia Suite".

At least that is the one I cannot uninstall. Trying to opens multiple windows quicker than I can close them with Task Manager. I don't know if that is what is making loading etc so slow.

A quick search came up with this.

CL CLeaner. From Cyberlink themselves.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16027&prodId=186

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yes. Unfortunately I already have CL Cleaner. It is a good disc cleaner and. Reasonable, rather than brilliant, Registry cleaner.

However, it doesn't help.:(
I am not on about the registry/system cleaner. The CLCleaner I linked to is specifically for cleaning up CyberLink install problems.

I linked to this page because I don't know which version of the software you have, and each version has it's own CLCleaner version.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I am not on about the registry/system cleaner. The CLCleaner I linked to is specifically for cleaning up CyberLink install problems.

I linked to this page because I don't know which version of the software you have, and each version has it's own CLCleaner version.
Thanks.

After my previous post I realised I was wrong and followed your link. However, even their own cleaner cannot seem to remove it in this case. Seems as though the initial attempt to uninstall has corrupted a file within the program that sends everything off track.

As I just tend to use the PC for letters and for update of maps on my Sat Nav l will live with the improved, although still slow, performance. I use iPad for most other things now.

Thanks to everyone who had tried to help. If I eventually find an answer I will post it.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks.

After my previous post I realised I was wrong and followed your link. However, even their own cleaner cannot seem to remove it in this case. Seems as though the initial attempt to uninstall has corrupted a file within the program that sends everything off track.

As I just tend to use the PC for letters and for update of maps on my Sat Nav l will live with the improved, although still slow, performance. I use iPad for most other things now.

Thanks to everyone who had tried to help. If I eventually find an answer I will post it.

I think to get the top speed out of it you will need to do a re-install using the ISO listed earlier. Windows is notorious for slowing down over the years, even with registry cleaners etc. When I had windows I used to do a clean install once every 12-18 months to get them back up to speed. I am just grateful that on Linux I don't have this problem any more it was a ballache.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Gromett
I agree.

At present I gave disabled Media Suite at Start up so it does not interfere with the running of the PC.

After removing all but the programs I need it is now quite usable though not as fast as it should be.

Since I only use it as described I will leave it as it is and have a large G&T instead.:):beerchug:

Thanks(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back