Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Can't believe it , storage in Bolero not very good so ordered a fiammia 320 box to fit onto bike rack , to store light fishing stuff etc , ordered from Camperlands , delivery promised for last Friday so took day off work ready for delivery, didn't happen gave them till Monday night and phoned them , was shocked to hear the box had been delivered but not to my door the driver had gained entry to the flats and instead of ringing my door bell he decided just to leave it in the main hallway , after complaining that he should have got a signature for the box as it had dissapeared , some asshole has lifted it (if in fact it was left there ) , Camperlands investigated and driver didn't knock on door and indeed says he left it in hallway ?? Anyway can't fault Daniel at Camperlands new box on its way this time to my work address well done great customer service , but I would contemplate changing the delivery company .

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Can't believe it , storage in Bolero not very good so ordered a fiammia 320 box to fit onto bike rack , to store light fishing stuff etc , ordered from Camperlands , delivery promised for last Friday so took day off work ready for delivery, didn't happen gave them till Monday night and phoned them , was shocked to hear the box had been delivered but not to my door the driver had gained entry to the flats and instead of ringing my door bell he decided just to leave it in the main hallway , after complaining that he should have got a signature for the box as it had dissapeared , some asshole has lifted it (if in fact it was left there ) , Camperlands investigated and driver didn't knock on door and indeed says he left it in hallway ?? Anyway can't fault Daniel at Camperlands new box on its way this time to my work address well done great customer service , but I would contemplate changing the delivery company .
Well, name and shame the delivery company

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Strange but I have great service from Dpd , Myhermes and Uk mail .and of course the post office / Royal mail .. Not so good with yodel or Amazon..amazon really poor as they don't ask for a signature and leave items on front doorstep..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Don't trust any bugger...
My son in law, living in our adjoining annexe with separate central heating ordered 500l of heating oil through buying syndicate,told supplier tank half full so no hurry, on 29th Dec family all at home waiting delivery. Wife and I went out , came home and found del ticket in our door, checked with son in law, no he hasn't been.
We got the syndicate manager involved who sent an independent guy to check evidence, no marks in gravel drive from dragging heavy hose, oil tank still half full, and ticket provided by oil co false signature. No way was any delivery made to tank. ( Our tank is nearly 100' away at other end of drive and in locked building).
They refuse to accept fault but syndicate manager has given son in law money back.
Total dishonesty somewhere, bastards.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've always had great service from DPD and Amazon and Hermes have been OK.

Yodel on the other hand...

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
We call them "Herpes" as don't won't them! Usually drop parcel on front doorstep, in full view of passersby and shoot off asap.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Don't trust any bugger...
My son in law, living in our adjoining annexe with separate central heating ordered 500l of heating oil through buying syndicate,told supplier tank half full so no hurry, on 29th Dec family all at home waiting delivery. Wife and I went out , came home and found del ticket in our door, checked with son in law, no he hasn't been.
We got the syndicate manager involved who sent an independent guy to check evidence, no marks in gravel drive from dragging heavy hose, oil tank still half full, and ticket provided by oil co false signature. No way was any delivery made to tank. ( Our tank is nearly 100' away at other end of drive and in locked building).
They refuse to accept fault but syndicate manager has given son in law money back.
Total dishonesty somewhere, bastards.

If it is an internet buying syndicate initials BJ then they use a local company to fulfil the orders. Never had any problems with our deliveries - but this is a rural area and any problems would rebound on the local company fast and hard.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If it is an internet buying syndicate initials BJ then they use a local company to fulfil the orders. Never had any problems with our deliveries - but this is a rural area and any problems would rebound on the local company fast and hard.

It is an Internet buying syndicate covering part of Suffolk/Norfolk who seem to get best prices from one local depot of a NE based company.
We have never had a problem as ours is in locked enclosure so always present but how many old or vulnerable people have paid up and trusted that nice delivery man and never checked the tank :(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have never had a problem as ours is in locked enclosure so always present but how many old or vulnerable people have paid up and trusted that nice delivery man and never checked the tank :(

Glad you have the manager involved. We always get a phone call prior to delivery, a text message to confirm and a second phone call to ensure all was well. I think that is our local delivery company though. :)

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Hermes deliveries around here are often made by woman in what appears to be a private vehicle. Often she sends a young child to the door with the parcel who thrusts the item into your hands and runs back to the car.
I wonder what insurance the driver has, certainly none for a child to deliver packages!!

Rod

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Ive always had good service from DPD.

You can even track you're parcel down to the last minute or so of delivery.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hermes deliveries around here are often made by woman in what appears to be a private vehicle. Often she sends a young child to the door with the parcel who thrusts the item into your hands and runs back to the car.
I wonder what insurance the driver has, certainly none for a child to deliver packages!!

Rod
Standard with Hermes they deliver to a local person who then delivers the packages in their immediate area for a few pence a packet.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Rod
Probably a single mother who doesn't want to live on benefits maybe. ????

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
A few years ago when I was at work Parcel Force left several of my birthday parcels in the recycle box in my garden. Unfortunately it was bin day and they were removed and trashed!! I was not impressed!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My son was waiting for a parcel which never came, complained to PO, ah yes, no one home sir, it is a garage, 8:30 'until 6pm, don't lie. We will look into it sir..

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
S i L had a heap of trouble last week with Parcel Force. The lane to his place is as narrow as, Transit just gets thro, then at the gate there is about a 40mtr walk to the door. They take one look at the lane and take off. It was only by chance that he was coming down the main road and saw the van stop, he got to the drivers door just as he was preparing to take off.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
At this moment in time I have some sympathy for delivery drivers.

Earlier this week I decided to save the cost of a stamp and hand deliver an envelope containing some requested information. As no-one was home, I pushed the envelope through the letter box and as I did so, their blinking dog decided to attack the envelope and managed to badly bite the end of my index finger, nearly ripping the nail off and taking a chuck out of my nail bed and finger.

I never gave it a thought as I tried to push the envelope through the brush thing on the back of the letterbox. Rest assured I will never do that again....

Luckily the local doctors surgery was close and open, so I ran in dripping blood and they kindly sorted it out, gave me a tetanus and a course of antibiotics.

Makes me wonder what kind of things must happen to delivery drivers when they turn up and no-one is home and the animals are bored!

Edit - I did think about putting up a picture of my finger on the 'Photo of the day' thread... :D

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Update on Delivery, new box arrived today at work address no issues at all original delivery company were DPD , so was this one but no issues at all driver wouldn't leave unless I signed for it and checked box , pity the first one didn't do that .

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I ordered an electric towel rail at 4pm yesterday, free delivery, first thing this morning rcd email , del between 0942-1042, received and signed 0945. Interlink.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
To be fair, any delivery company is only as good as the drivers they employ. When I was in business we used many different couriers and, when we first started with a new one , the service was good. As time went on though. parcels went missing or were damaged on a fairly regular basis. We never found one to provide a consistent, good service.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
In reply to @Khizzie post of
"Probably a single mother who doesn't want to live on benefits maybe. ????"

Good luck to her .

I'm sure we all agree with that sentiment! :)

However it does not excuse laziness/carelessness of the delivery person in the case of the OP's delivery nor the apparent greed/theft by the delivery driver in the case of @Larrynwin problem!

Last edited:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012

Rod
Instead of picking on the driver, may be pick on the company for taking advantage of people and using them as cheap labour to do their deliveries.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
DPD don't know what it stands for but Dense Dumb or Dopey must be in there somewhere.:(

They delivered 3 new traction batteries covered in yellow stickers saying "keep this way up" upside down. The back of the van was running in acid you could smell it before the idiot driver even opened the doors. When I refused to sign or accept he got all aggressive and threatened to throw them out onto the drive, needless to say he didn't.;)

Rang the supplier and explained what happened, he said it happened all the time and he'd begged his boss to kick DPD out but to no avail.
Must have been on a nice little back hander.o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back