maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Last Wednesday night around 12.30am, I was woken by my van making odd clonking noises and shifting slightly from time to time. In the morning I discovered one totally flat tyre on the tag axle. I had checked all the tyre pressures just two days earlier and all were fine. :Confused:

Initially I assumed the tyre had been slashed but fished out my trusty Ring compressor and it went back up in less than 10 mins. However when I removed the compressor nozzle, air was rushing back out of the valve as if it was stuck open. I fiddled around with it a bit but couldn't get it to unstick. So I put a valve extender on it to stop the flow of air. Tyre then held pressure for 4 days no problem. I knew my friendly motorhome engineer was coming up today so waited for him to check it out.

Last night soon after 2am, I was again woken by clonking noises but on a lesser scale than previously. Went straight outside to discover that the valve extender had been loosened and air was leaking out of the tyre again but at a slower rate. I re-tightened the valve extender which stopped the flow and the tyre deflated no further.

Today Mark the engineer checked the valve and confirmed my suspicion that the deflation was deliberate - someone had forced the valve core. Mark changed it for me and the tyre is now fine again. Until somebody decides to have another go ......... :Angry:

I have a strong suspicion as to who did this - a guy on site who I made the mistake of initially being friendly to and who then became a pest so I kept him at a distance. So do I confront creepy guy or not? I have no actual proof but can think of no-one else who would do this. No other vans have been targeted and the wardens are now aware of what happened to mine.

BTW creepy guy recently joined Fun tho' I haven't noticed him posting anything. However I know he regularly reads posts here - and am hoping he reads this one and gets the message - leave my van alone! :Mad:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Last Wednesday night around 12.30am, I was woken by my van making odd clonking noises and shifting slightly from time to time. In the morning I discovered one totally flat tyre on the tag axle. I had checked all the tyre pressures just two days earlier and all were fine. :Confused:

Initially I assumed the tyre had been slashed but fished out my trusty Ring compressor and it went back up in less than 10 mins. However when I removed the compressor nozzle, air was rushing back out of the valve as if it was stuck open. I fiddled around with it a bit but couldn't get it to unstick. So I put a valve extender on it to stop the flow of air. Tyre then held pressure for 4 days no problem. I knew my friendly motorhome engineer was coming up today so waited for him to check it out.

Last night soon after 2am, I was again woken by clonking noises but on a lesser scale than previously. Went straight outside to discover that the valve extender had been loosened and air was leaking out of the tyre again but at a slower rate. I re-tightened the valve extender which stopped the flow and the tyre deflated no further.

Today Mark the engineer checked the valve and confirmed my suspicion that the deflation was deliberate - someone had forced the valve core. Mark changed it for me and the tyre is now fine again. Until somebody decides to have another go ......... :Angry:

I have a strong suspicion as to who did this - a guy on site who I made the mistake of initially being friendly to and who then became a pest so I kept him at a distance. So do I confront creepy guy or not? I have no actual proof but can think of no-one else who would do this. No other vans have been targeted and the wardens are now aware of what happened to mine.

BTW creepy guy recently joined Fun tho' I haven't noticed him posting anything. However I know he regularly reads posts here - and am hoping he reads this one and gets the message - leave my van alone! :Mad:

It might not be completely legal but
in the dark you could with bad luck
mistake him for a burglar:
then hit him with your baseball bat,
a few times and go back to bed.
He cant report it unless he admits to his
nefarious activities and even if he does
you were asleep:Eeek:werenchya.

dysdera

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
newbiw
chin him

fraid I am also with the chin him school of retribution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
A nice dog turd on the valve and some where he needs to kneel down should deter him. Failing that chin the bastard.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Get one of those mini wireless web cams you get for cheap of the interweb
Place it under your wheel arch so you can watch his smirking face as he deflates your tyre...........................................Oh, And then chin him :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Um, the general consensus seems to be to thump him - but let's not forget I am a dainty female! ::bigsmile:

OK, but under the circumstances a kick in the slats would be expectable.

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Wait outside in the dark with a flash camera when he is doing the diry deed take picture of the prat blinding him for a few seconds he'll not do that again not to you anyway, then either call the police or as others have said chin him. Good luck.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Fit a set of Jims tyre pressure caps,, they need a special key to get em off.

In the short term i like the sugestion above of dog sh**t on the valve cap.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If it is deliberate, it's a bit creepy isn't it?

Perhaps time to move on?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Um, the general consensus seems to be to thump him - but let's not forget I am a dainty female! ::bigsmile:

A camera is the answer.

The cheapest would be a USB webcam. You'd need a USB extension lead and of course a PC of some sort.

Record him then call the Police and suggest he gets charged with attempted murder.

Or move.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If the creepy guy is reading this thread... you should be careful out there in the dark mate, never know who you might meet ::bigsmile:

Thug.jpg

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Maz, go to the bottom of your thread (Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 40 (28 members and 12 guests) and check below to see if the B****** is following this thread... then chin him:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Ok Wire a Rape alarm to cover the areas he will have to tread in when it goes off, call for Plod; Point the finger and say he was interfering with your wheelcaps, and you a mere lady felt powerless to stop him, report him to the site or call in reinforcements and I'm sure someone will chin him on your behalf.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hint Yosser needs a new back window put out a contract:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Maz, go to the bottom of your thread (Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 40 (28 members and 12 guests) and check below to see if the B****** is following this thread... then chin him:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He's not logged on yet today but I'll keep an eye out for him ..........

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Probably sensible suggestion but I'll move on when I'm ready to - got things planned for the next few days. Not going to be intimidated by this eejit. :Smile:
Nice one Marianne. :thumb:

Don't give way to the creepy s##t. :Angry:

If you go by the words in your own signature, then a swift kick at his will soon sort him out. :ROFLMAO:

Stay safe,

Jock.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Logged on ? You mean he's a FUNster ?

If it is him let's hope he has already got the message......:thumb:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
A nice dog turd on the valve and some where he needs to kneel down should deter him. Failing that chin the bastard.

I was going to post this big turd will stop him - failing that wait for an icy night and tip a bucket of water over his outside step at about 4am.......then watch him slip in the morning!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VsRqxoEhwY"]Tripwire Bang Alarm! - YouTube[/ame]

or these use a 12g blank

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KlyZnTT8k"]trip wire with loud bang - YouTube[/ame]
from here

just follow the trail of poo he leaves when the 12 gauge goes off:ROFLMAO:

one of these and a lenght of fishing line is all you need:Eeek:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995

Hang on Mel

I dont want my tyres let down:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back