Free Member
Jun 6, 2010
Aberdeen.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2years
Would like to hear some comments (Good or bad) as my wife is disabled we are looking to changing to a fixed bed model, and she likes the look of the delaware.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
As your wife has disabilities the best advice I can give you is when you look at a motorhome and decide you are really interested in purchasing it, get your wife to physically try out the bed area. ie get on the bed, lay on it move on it, see how difficult/easy it is to move around the bed area. Can she sit up without banging her head on the ceiling - some with large garages underneath the bed area, mean the bed is quite high up.

Get her to physically go into the toilet area too. Not all are "disabled friendly".

Some people do get embarrassed about doing such pre purchase tests, but tell her not to feel embarrassed its far better to try beforehand rather than spend a great deal of money on something that may not meet her needs.

I hope this is of some help. Good luck xxx

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We looked at the Delaware when we were hunting for a van with an island bed to help with my wife's MS. The Delaware was nice, apart from me banging my head entering the bedroom area.
We ended up buying a CI Mizar Elite which has a similar layout to the Delaware, but was within out price range ::bigsmile:
My wife manages with the island bed far more easilly than any of the other bedtime configurations & sleeps better in the van than at home:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back