Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
got a friend with escape 664. 2010
Roof seams all lose, delaminated I presume.
Problem is the dealer he bought it off, ever time it goes in for work it comes out with another prolem .
Thay say the roof has to come off so he's dreading it going in.
But he's got another two and half years warranty, but worried it mite come out leaking.
Will it hurt left alone.

Andy

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I would have thought a "roof off" repair would be a factory visit type of job.

I consider it will definitely hurt if left alone.

It would be unsellable unless repaired.

We feel for him - our Autotrail started leaking after three years.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
got a friend with escape 664. 2010
Roof seams all lose, delaminated I presume.
Problem is the dealer he bought it off, ever time it goes in for work it comes out with another prolem .
Thay say the roof has to come off so he's dreading it going in.
But he's got another two and half years warranty, but worried it mite come out leaking.
Will it hurt left alone.

Andy
It might well be a floating roof in as much as the gpr/ fiberglass roof sits on the inner roof but is not fixed to it, much like the Rapido roof construction
If this is the case then there often is an amount of play between the 2 structures and especially when in very hot climates it will show some distortion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It might well be a floating roof in as much as the gpr/ fiberglass roof sits on the inner roof but is not fixed to it, much like the Rapido roof construction
If this is the case then there often is an amount of play between the 2 structures and especially when in very hot climates it will show some distortion.

And same for Autotrail (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I suggest your friend gets in touch with Swift direct and asks the question as it's not uncommon for some coachbuilt roofs to do this as the outer material can shrink/expand depending on the temperature, sometimes they can look really bad but in reality they're sometimes meant to do it! We had a 2001 Swift and it did this.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our 1997 Swift has an alloy roof that is floating. The roof edges however are firmly stuck down and immovable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I thought the back of our Autotrail Mohawk had delaminated as iwas going in and out when washing it, made enquiries and it's supposed to be like that, it does seem strange.

OP
OP
LOOSE WHEEL
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Thanks for all info this will help put is mind at rest if it is a floating roof.
Will get him to ring swift.
As for dealer, big name in Tewksbury the less said the better.

Andy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If he keeps getting problems with the same dealer why doesn't he take it to a different dealer.
Unfortunately other dealers aren't always willing to sort out warranty issues if you didn't buy the MH from them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back