Deep Joy...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Langtoftlad, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

First two trips in MH were off the he cuff, experimental, see how it goes.
    Now I've "planned" my next jaunt, next week - to the Cotswolds.
    First experience of Caravan Club sites - despite all doom & gloom posts the booking process seemed painless... space available at short notice, no money required, what's not to like?
    Of course I might invoke the ire of the camp commandant (warden) because reversing perfectly in line with some pitch peg might be beyond my technical skills lol...

• Like Like x 1
  2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

CC sites are fine in my experience, you know what you are getting and the facilities can be top notch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Glad it's all going well so far @Langtoftlad .
    Re use of Caravan Club: please try to arrive at the site without the jaundiced view of wardens that sometimes appears on here; turn up with a smile, acknowledge that they have a job to do which they know how to do, and they have safety rules to keep us to - for OUR (your) safety. Let them give you information and advice; ask them anything you want; say hello, please and thank you, ask how their day went, have a conversation; treat them with the respect due to fellow human beings, and you won't have any problems. (y)
    We use all sorts of places - occasional wilding, BritStops, CSs, CLs, CCC, CC - and when we want a "luxury" night or two it's CC club sites that we go for. In fact we're on one now. Immaculate, peaceful, good information from the wardens about local walks and bird-watching, and end-of-day chats about what we've seen. ;)
    Enjoy the Cotswolds :)

4. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

An absolutely excellent post, a perfect approach - an attitude I aspire to.

@CWH Your positivity is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1