LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sunseekers are made in Poole and you will get a better buy here as we have so many of them (just in case you win the lottery you may need to know this, happy to send you the local paper for you to choose from)

IMO you should sell the motorhome you dont like driving... you know it makes sense.... buy the boat do it up if you want to keep it do so. If you want to sell it for a profit do that.

You said you like the motorhome but love boats do what you love:thumb:

Do what wife wants :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Mate! Forget the Doom and gloom , will you won't you, Merchants!:Doh:

IF YOU ARE HAPPY DOING IT!!! )Mate you've already made your bloody mind up! Don't ask us to say No No No!)

Do it!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Me and Mrs R 'as always fancied a narrow boat, Maybe! Maybe!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I like those boats too. Saw a lot when I stayed in Devizes and down on the Thames at Chertsey. Looked well cosy with ther wood burning stoves etc

What's the mooring fees like?

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Me and Mrs R 'as always fancied a narrow boat, Maybe! Maybe!
the canal is walking distance from my house about three hundred yards,and the boat is dry docked about 1/2 mile away,went to see it again today:cry:
it spoke to me:Eeek:it said go on you know you want to:shout:
i want it,i want it,i want it:cry:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh dear a rock and a hard place comes to mind :RollEyes:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Do it!:Angry: What are yu? Woofee or wat?:Angry:
just getting the quite touch of the wife at the moment,so thing's are moveing on:thumb:
so tommorow it will be "you dont listen to anything i got to say":ROFLMAO:
friday it will be "its your decision,dont blame me when it goes wrong":ROFLMAO:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Mate, I sympathise with your predicament, we live on a boat, not a narrowboat, but a 70ft by 12 ft widebeam, we also have an OLDER small narrowboat(25ft) to go on the canals that the big boat cant get on, we also have an OLD motorhome(1985). We have all 3 so we can do all the things we love, we are not rich, or even well off in money terms, but we are VERY RICH in our lives. We sold the house to finance this life style we have and I would not ever change it.
I cannot tell you what to do , you have to go with both your heart AND your head, dont fall out with your wife , it is not worth it, but dont let life pass you by, it is too short to be left thinking about what might have been!
:thumb::thumb:

Mark

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Mate, I sympathise with your predicament, we live on a boat, not a narrowboat, but a 70ft by 12 ft widebeam, we also have an OLDER small narrowboat(25ft) to go on the canals that the big boat cant get on, we also have an OLD motorhome(1985). We have all 3 so we can do all the things we love, we are not rich, or even well off in money terms, but we are VERY RICH in our lives. We sold the house to finance this life style we have and I would not ever change it.
I cannot tell you what to do , you have to go with both your heart AND your head, dont fall out with your wife , it is not worth it, but dont let life pass you by, it is too short to be left thinking about what might have been!
:thumb::thumb:

Mark
dont fall out with the wife:Doh:too late:Blush:
but good advice buddy cheers:thumb:

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
Apparently there is only two days in a boaters life when they are happy! The Day they buy it, then the day they sell it...

Good Luck hope it works out
steveutwg:thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Apparently there is only two days in a boaters life when they are happy! The Day they buy it, then the day they sell it...

Good Luck hope it works out
steveutwg:thumb:
one of the boat's i had was a picton 24 foot sports cruser,it would have been cheaper to have a full blown cocain habbit than own that boat,but when i sold it,it was a sad day,and to this day i regret selling it,but at the time i had 2 boats and decided to sell one, so i put both on the market and the one that sold first went,and i would keep the other one,then got an offer on the other one that i could not refuse,so ended up selling both:Doh:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I seem to recall an earlier post from you where you said what an angry impatient driver you were, and were a menace to other road users.....

Therefore, buy the boat...................:thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
fran was home for dinner,i put it past her again,i wont tell you what she said:Eeek:
ok i will.
"if you want it? go buy it but you aint selling the motorhome":Doh:
"and you can go live on it":Eeek:
so it's looking like i need to turn on the charm:thumb:

Oh well see you at all motorhomefun meets this year then Chris :roflmto::roflmto::winky:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Oh well see you at all motorhomefun meets this year then Chris :roflmto::roflmto::winky:
no buddy!
only going to marjal but not in the motorhome ,and possibly chester,have paid for chester but if i sell the motorhome before then that's it,no more meet's:cry:time to move on:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI][/HI]
I would buy it and [HI]tow the Motorhome behind it on an A frame[/HI], sorted..:thumb:

Inflatable "A" frame?

to buy it and finance the work i would have to sell the motorhome,but if i convince the wife that while i was doing the work ,[HI]she would see very little of me[/HI],she might just go for it:ROFLMAO:

If you put it to her like that Chris, she's bound to let you buy it, she'll probably encourage you to buy it, No she'll INSIST that you buy it.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I think youve made the decision already, and will soon be leaving motorhomes for boats...............good job, ive never liked you anyway:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, go your own way mate, see you at the marjal:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
no buddy!
only going to marjal but not in the motorhome ,and possibly chester,have paid for chester but if i sell the motorhome before then that's it,no more meet's:cry:[HI]time to move on[/HI]:thumb:

...but only where the canals go...

More roads than canals...

Therefore...

Canals restrict the places you can go to, visit and hang out...

Q.E.D.

Restrictions = Chains

JJ :Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Are they many river/canal boat forums? If there is a gap in the market I could set one up for you Chris.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Youve frogotten your wedding vows again aint ya, you know, the the bit that nobody hears, where you agree to always say those two littl;e words............"yes dear".

I think that getting caught with another woman would bring you less trouble than this...........perhaps:ROFLMAO:.
left to my own devices, I would have a garden full of landrovers , and i always have a cast iron case for "saving" one, I feel it is my duty, something i can do for british motor heritage, for england even,........but the wife dissagrees, and because I like sex more than landrovers, Ive only got the one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
no buddy!
only going to marjal but not in the motorhome ,and possibly chester,have paid for chester but if i sell the motorhome before then that's it,no more meet's:cry:time to move on:thumb:

Hey you can always shelter under my awning:thumb:, can't do anymore in a two birth, SWMBO would not be to happy topping and tailing:roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back