LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Debs, Rita and I are pleased that you are able to get in touch with those you feel comfortable talking to at this tragic time in your life. We hope that you are able to take some comfort from knowing that so many people are concerned for you on a daily basis, and are holding you in their thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you,

Jock & Rita. xx

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
So sorry for your loss we only met
briefly at malvern but I remember
his smile of welcome take care .

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello everyone.
I finally felt up to having a quick look on the forum for the 1st time since Les had his heart attack on 20th September. I've only read the latest few posts of this thread that @Cal54 very kindly started. For a while it looked as though Les might make some sort of recovery and he fought hard but passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family on 10th Oct.

Not sure how much has been posted but Les had only just completed a 2.5k mile motorbike trip with a group of 9 friends in which they travelled through europe. They crossed both the Pyrenees & the Alps and had a whale of a time. I am so thankful that he got to do the trip.

His biker friends came round last night to talk about the funeral & his best friend will ride Les's bike in front of the hearse. Les and our daughter always did the Ride to the Wall - to the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas which has recently taken place. A huge part of this is the bikes flying their flags & Rich will be proud to do this for us. The other bikes will follow the hearse and they will carry his coffin into the service.

There was a lot of tears & laughter last night, just as there had been during the many hours that I & Les's brother spent in the critical care unit at Nottingham city hospital. The care and support given by all staff to Les and family members was absolutely overwhelming. Any donations that are received will go to them for the use of patient comfort, it is just a small way of showing our deepest gratitude.

Life really is too short - I'm still coming to terms with what has happened and and just wanted to thank everyone for thinking of us and especially @Cal54 who has made it very easy for me by passing on all your messages.

Deb
X

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Debs lovely to see your post it must have taken courage to write those words for your funster friends.
I'm so glad Les had a wonderful last bike trip with his friends and it will be a fitting tribute at his funeral. Our thoughts are with youXx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
That was a very moving post Debs. Glad to see you felt up to posting it. The funeral tribute sounds very fitting.

@Cal54 has done a magnificent job of keeping us posted.

Take care of yourself and lean on your friends n family . X

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Debs thank you for finding the strength to post, I'm sure the the knowledge that Les made that last bike ride with his friends will give you comfort. You are In our thoughts take care stay strong.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Debs it is good to hear from you again. We were so shocked to hear about Les, but it is good to hear that you are surrounded and supported by friends and family. We hope that you will be strong enough to keep in touch with the many friends that you made through this forum. Our thoughts will be with you and we hope we will meet you again

Peter & Angela.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hello everyone.
I finally felt up to having a quick look on the forum for the 1st time since Les had his heart attack on 20th September. I've only read the latest few posts of this thread that @Cal54 very kindly started. For a while it looked as though Les might make some sort of recovery and he fought hard but passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family on 10th Oct.

Not sure how much has been posted but Les had only just completed a 2.5k mile motorbike trip with a group of 9 friends in which they travelled through europe. They crossed both the Pyrenees & the Alps and had a whale of a time. I am so thankful that he got to do the trip.

His biker friends came round last night to talk about the funeral & his best friend will ride Les's bike in front of the hearse. Les and our daughter always did the Ride to the Wall - to the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas which has recently taken place. A huge part of this is the bikes flying their flags & Rich will be proud to do this for us. The other bikes will follow the hearse and they will carry his coffin into the service.

There was a lot of tears & laughter last night, just as there had been during the many hours that I & Les's brother spent in the critical care unit at Nottingham city hospital. The care and support given by all staff to Les and family members was absolutely overwhelming. Any donations that are received will go to them for the use of patient comfort, it is just a small way of showing our deepest gratitude.

Life really is too short - I'm still coming to terms with what has happened and and just wanted to thank everyone for thinking of us and especially @Cal54 who has made it very easy for me by passing on all your messages.

Deb
X
Debs, really good to see you back on here. We are around so feel free to phone/text any time. Big hug from team duck x

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
@Debs I'm so glad to see your post and that you are able to see how much love has come your way during this very sad time.
I hope you will continue to post but in your own time. Meanwhile, @Cal54 has done a great job in keeping us all up to date.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you

John & Jan

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello Debs, been wrapped up with issues at work, but I keep checking myself and thinking about you and Les, is any work really worth getting worked up about, so even in his absence Les is definitely having an influence on my life :)

Love the bike idea, a brilliant tribute and a big thing for him and the others to offer to do it, makes my eyes moist just thinking what they are doing (y)

xx

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Debs

I know you won't be thinking about motorhomes as you have far more important things to deal with BUT I thought that at last we were going to meet at the New Forest bash, fingers crossed one day we will, keep your family and friends close and take a day at a time.

best wishes.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
So lovely to see your post debs , it must have taken a lot of courage ,but glad you did it. Our thoughts are with you and your family,and the funeral sounds a smashing tribute to Les.Take care. Mew and Mick

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Because I didn't meet you in person, I feel that I'm imposing on a very personal grief, but I'm so deeply sorry for your loss x

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Lovely to see your post Deb and we are so sorry for your loss. The funeral sounds just what he would have planned for himself. take care of yourself xx

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
@Debs no words can tell you how I feel about your loss. I shed tears yesterday whilst telling Michael the terrible news, and after that I just wished I could give you a big "mummy" hug.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
So sorry to hear this !!! Wishing you both the very very best ! People whinge and complain about the NHS (I don't) but in this field of critical care the NHS excell. Again best wishes !!!!

Edit
So sorry I posted the above after reading the first page of the thread. But it seemed applicable so I will leave it as wrote it.

Desperately sorry to hear the news when I read more. The thoughts of me anode my wife are with you ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back