Blue seems sad too. :(

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Thinking of you Debs and your family,we are raising a glass for les.Take care and be strong.
Mew and Mick

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We observed a great send off for Les, motorbikes leading the hearse were moving, the music made me cry, the words in the service were inspiring

Our little tribute to Les, a sock showing moment as we left the wake

IMG_1669.JPG

A big day for Debs and what a grand job she did xx

L to R

Me, Bev, Carol (Cal54), Debs, Veronica (Trixie), Alan (Rupert), Sandra (Irnbru) Joy (movan) and Lola

sorry Joy xx thanks to John @Baycott and Carol @Cal54 I have had to come clean o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cal54

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@DavidG58 . Oh David, she will shoot you - you forgot Joy @movan on the far right. Unless of course she has changed her name to Lola!!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
We observed a great send off for Les, motorbikes leading the hearse were moving, the music made me cry, the words in the service were inspiring

Our little tribute to Les, a sock showing moment as we left the wake

View attachment 131546

A big day for Debs and what a grand job she did xx

L to R

Me, Bev, Carol (Cal54), Debs, Veronica (Trixie), Alan (Rupert), Sandra (Irnbru) and Lola

a lovely photo.. nice to see the smiles, pleased it went so well.. I'm sure it will men a lot to debs and family..
andy

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hope all went well today, was thinking about you at 2 xx

Nov 1, 2016
notts
Funster No
MH
lil grey Adriana thingy
Exp
just dropping in
Thank you so much for all the messages today, the people who came and the people who were thinking of us. It means the world to us.

That was uh. The third hardest day of my entire life but it's over now and we can sleep knowing we just gave him the best send off anybody could wish for. The Tramps looked fantastic in formation, his bike looked wonderful at the front with our flagpole and people were looking as we passed by. He would've loved that SO much :LOL:

Drew the minister guy did a wonderful job with the time he had. There were some smiles and giggling amongst the sobbing today. A lot of people stopped me to mention the thing I'd written for Drew to read out, so I thought I'd post it here if that's okay.

This is not really something I expected or wanted to do for another twenty five years. Another lifetime for me. But you don't always get what you want.

So I started composing this in the shower, as you do. Wondering how on earth I could sum up a guy like my dad on one sheet of paper. And I decided a few things. Like a lot of the people I've talked to have said how angry they were when they lost somebody they loved. They hated the universe but I'm not gonna do that because that's not the kind of guy my dad was.

I'm not going to be angry. I'm just going to be grateful that I knew him.

Because I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason. Bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return. And I don't know if I believe that's true. But I know I am who I am today because I knew you.

That's part of a song from a musical called Wicked. It holds the honour of being one of the few things I dragged him to that I think he actually enjoyed. There's been a lot of music lately. A lot of noise trying to fill the silence he's left behind and I've found that verse helps.

Okay so I've still got no idea how to put up a picture frame that's actually level and I'm dreading the first time I've got to deal with a spider on my own but I think he taught me something pretty cool. But I don't really really know how to describe it. Hakuna Matata, maybe?

That it's okay if you don't know the words to the song. The words aren't important. Just take the time to sing your song and enjoy it. Savour the little things just as much as the big things. Don't worry about the things that aren't so good. They can be fixed. They're not as huge as you think. Don't worry. Sing whatever song's stuck in your head and suddenly all those massive worries don't seem so big any more. They can be dealt with. And that helps me.

It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime. So let me say before we part.
So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end. I know you have re-written mine by being my friend.

Because he was. He wasn't just my dad. He was my friend. He was everybody's friend. He made the world shine just that little bit brighter for so many people.

So if you want to remember him, don't remember today. Remember him when you're scrolling through the TV guide and you find some ridiculously awful movie that nobody would watch, because he would. Four times.

Remember him when you're driving somewhere and you see a really nice log pile in somebody's garden.

Remember him when you can't find a single pair of socks that match, or your clothes clash or you see a guy wearing socks with his sandals.

Remember him when your brain starts singing. Something you heard on the radio or on an advert that won't go away. Let it out. It doesn't matter if you don't know the words. The words aren't important.

Just sing for him.

xxx (I think I only have one free post left now so my next one better be a good one (y))

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
today was hard, but easy, the days will come when you will cry. but you wont be sad. you will laught but you want be happy, take a day at a time, take time in its place, remember, drift into space and think of happy times.

glad it went well, we thinking off of you.

Odd socks rule

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i can never find the right words, but just want to say that your dad and your mum have raised a very, very special and caring young lady, good on you sweetheart, you've made them very proud today..

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
What a lovely memorial for your Dad. He would be very proud.
Both myself and Catherine lost a parent way too early and can understand your pain.

We only met your Dad very briefly at the Malvern motorhome show so cannot say we knew him. But from all the lovely words you and others have said we feel we at least now knew him a bit.
What a fabulous send off you all gave him.
Our thoughts are with you all
John and Catherine x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back