LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Lauren never met your dad, or your mum, but feel I know them through this forum. I will be wearing odd socks tomorrow. I'm taking part in a promotional video here in Spain and I'll wear them on that. Even if they aren't seen I'll know they are on there for ever!

Take care of yourself, your mum and your brother and celebrate your dad's life tomorrow.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@Debs so sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread. Note to self don't post at 3 am without thinking. Sorryxx

Don't think you hijacked the thread. It made me smile and I would imagine others as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Debs so sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread. Note to self don't post at 3 am without thinking. Sorryxx
Anthea!!! Less of that, please.....don't be so daft, I don't mind....and I am so very sorry about your mum. Look after yourself, you are one of the most caring, thoughtful person I've ever met x

Crocaholic....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

& I didn't know Lu had been on here either.....:eek::LOL:....but then she's heard me going on about you lot to all and sundry and any random person in the street:D

There is so much to do today so once again I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words & thoughts, it really does help, more than you can imagine
X

Not sure that I will get chance to get back on today.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've resisted posting this for a while but thought I would now ... when we were on our recent jaunt in France/Spain I believe I met Les and his biker buddies when they stopped to take some photos of the lovely scenery on a winding road ... we had a little chat and he was thoroughly enjoying himself. (y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Really sorry to hear about your mum Anthea, had no idea as your caring for everyone else on here.:(
Will be wearing odd socks tomorrow on my way to West coast of Scotland.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've resisted posting this for a while but thought I would now ... when we were on our recent jaunt in France/Spain I believe I met Les and his biker buddies when they stopped to take some photos of the lovely scenery on a winding road ... we had a little chat and he was thoroughly enjoying himself. (y)
I know they all had a great time & I'm so thankful that he did the trip, he'd been looking forward to it all year.

Nov 1, 2016
notts
Funster No
MH
lil grey Adriana thingy
Exp
just dropping in
These are the ones from his camera that were taken in laybys :) Any of them look familiar?

Attachments

• DSCN0048.JPG
    DSCN0048.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0050.JPG
    DSCN0050.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0053.JPG
    DSCN0053.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0082.JPG
    DSCN0082.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 96

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Debs just to say tomorrow we will be thinking of Les behind those Bacon Rolls at Malvern and getting everyone singing, a happy memory that will remain with us, we will be wearing odd socks and sending you and your family possitive thoughts of happy memories.
Carol. & Eddie. x

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Debs, been thinking of you and the family loads, but particularly tomorrow. Hope you can feel all the love and support coming from everyone.

Lesley & Dave xxx

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We never got to meet you both but, having gone through our own bereavement in the last few weeks, we have an idea of how you feel.

I don't have any odd socks but went out today to M& (where else?) bought two new pairs of socks and threw one of each away.

Will join the odd socks tribute tomorrow.

Best wishes!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'm just passing by since the camper's really...really...really not my thing (it has no Internet) but my name is Lauren. The daughter :hi:

I'm glad she's part of such a wonderful, welcoming community and I'm so grateful for everything that's been said about my dad.
Lauren - a lovely post; thank you for taking the trouble to come on & post when you have so much else happening.

You are right, this is a wonderful community but your mum & dad fitted right it & were part of what makes it as good as it is. I only met your dad on a couple of occasions but he & your mum were always friendly & helpful & of course if there was any barbecuing to be done, your dad was always there.

Now if the only thing stopping you joining your mum in the camper is the 'no internet' issue, well that's easily fixed. Motorhome Fun wouldn't be very busy if we didn't have internet while we are out on the road. If that's all that's stopping you - then we look forward to meeting you at a rally or a meet somewhere soon! :) I have to confess we didn't think it was for us either until we discovered what a fun-loving bunch of reprobates this lot are! :D

I'm sorry that we can't be with you tomorrow, but I know that there will be many representatives of your dad's various interests to join you - to morn the loss of a friend but also to celebrate a life well lived.

Thank you again for your kind words.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We will be thinking of you tomorrow Debs, wearing odd socks and sending you all our love and best wishes.

Ger and Cliff xxx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Debs and @oddsocksnflagpoles, (Debs & Lauren).

I'm not very adventurous when it comes down to colours, but it's the oddest I could do in memory of Les.

P1040266.JPG

Although we can't make it this afternoon either, Rita and I will be thinking of you, and having a quiet couple of moments in thought.

Take care, and find strength in each other.

Jock & Rita. xx

OP
OP
Cal54

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Guys, @Langtoftlad has started a thread specifically to support Les' odd sock day. How about posting all the sock photos on that thread and then they are all together for Debs if she wants to look at them at a later date without having to read through all the posts in this title - could be less upsetting? Just a thought.

, @CWH @JockandRita @Ven @Anthea M

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back