Dealers Why bother with the Internet, you can't use it anyway.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by haganap, Mar 4, 2013.

1. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Why do dealers bother having web sites?

I have located 4 dealers that have a new van we would like to buy, I have filled in the enquiry form, left my details both phone numbers and email address.

One dealer I have telephoned and been told the salesman is busy, left my number and yep they ain't bothered phoning back..

I was told there was a recession on, people were desperate for money and yet they can't even be bothered to ring and tell me they don't want to do business.

Can't be bothered with it any more, will keep what I have thanks, your loss, not mine. :Smile:

But I know many dealers tune in here, so if your tuning in and worried it might be your dealership, it probably will be..

• Like Like x 19
  2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Madness.. You'd think they'd be biting your hand off. Anyway What you after?:BigGrin:

3. haganap

I want a Rapido 9096 or similar.

I have located a couple, one on the other channel privately, but that would mean selling mine private,

Can't be bothered with the hassle of doing that at the moment, would of liked a drive in drive out service, but obviously some dealers don't do a service where you can actually buy a motorhome from them.

4. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Maybe they've heard of you and read your winterisation blog!
    If so how could they have the balls to sell,a probably over priced and more than likely inferior van ,to a man with more knowledge than them and their service team combined!

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Vlad

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming.:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Simple answer is...they are making tooooo much PROFIT :RollEyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105 Funster Life Member

hi paul try highbridge my mate just bought a rapido last week in birmingham show and he told me that highbridge were excellent with responding to sales.i think he also bought the same model your after.

7. haganap

Hi Swansea boy.,,,, I refused to shame the dealers, but boy, you were real quick to identify one of them...
    They do have the exact model I want, but tbh I can't be bothered with them any more :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Nice van:Cool::thumb:

9. busby

busby Funster

I emailed Webbs at Reading last week, quess what NO REPLY. They dont deserve our custom. BUSBY.

• Like Like x 1
  10. haganap

It will have to be Jim, it will be the last van we ever buy :Wink::Wink:

Lol

11. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Well Paul it makes you wonder just how they treat a customer when they want some warranty work doing if they cannot be bothered to call back on a ££££s sale.

After all I read I would seriously consider going through Johns Cross now even though it is a very long way away if I was to change my van as it would seem from the recomendations they do know how to retain a customer by keeping them happy

12. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

• Like Like x 1
  13. sedge

sedge Funster

Only snag with Wokingham, they don't want to part-ex, as we enquired after a Rapido at the October MoHo show and Adrian said we could either sell it ourselves or we might perhaps be able to come to an arrangement where they might be able to have it on their front, but he was about as entusiastic as a wet fish. So we said No - just don't bother as it's clearly too much trouble for you.

And said to the awfully nice and helpful Pilote people next door after the deal was done, that we were sorry they obviously weren't selling as many new vans as Rapido were ..... :Rofl1:

14. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

I can't understand anyone in business not returning phone calls but ignoring email, maybe........as an individual I get enough 'junk'.

To be fair to dealers they must get a high percentage of 'dreamers' and time wasters and sifting through those to find a genuine enquiry can't be easy..........

No excuse for ignoring anyone though -"Can I help you ?" - is enough - "No just looking" - is the likely reply - but job done

• Like Like x 1
  15. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

Save your dosh,
    you may need it on a rainy day,
    you can`t do anything different in a another MH than you can do in yours now

Keep your cash and your MH = winner :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  16. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Good choice Paul!

A nice social lounge, garage, en-suite large washroom and a PROPER double floor!

That would tick all our boxes too! Great minds think alike!:BigGrin:

17. Andrew G M

Andrew G M Read Only Funster

A few years ago I arranged to have a new Hilux Invincible for the weekend for an extended test drive.

Returned vehicle on the Monday saying I loved it and wanted to buy one.

Never heard a peep. No call, email or vehicle order form.

After 2 weeks, lost patience and bought one elsewhere. Incredible !!

I personally work in the caravan park industry, and we work very hard on getting all the leads we possibly can.

In my book, ignoring a potential customer who will potentially pay your wages and keep you employed is a sackable offence !!

IMO !

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Happens in all walks of life ( so to speak )

I have had it with everything from hiring toilets to buying bike parts..

Perhaps I am a little biased in that I run a business that relies on the internet and always try to reply to ALL queries within 24 hours.. if someone takes the time trouble and effort to mail me then the very least I can do is reply..and sorry to say I have had similar experiences with dealers on this very forum....

Folk only get one chance with me ( two if I am desperate !! )

19. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

It is a phenomena that is happening with all trades at the moment. I find I order off some suppliers and things haven't arrived time and time again. I have a theory that their accounts with their own suppliers must be on stop or something! You try to give them money and they don't want it - I have a hard enough time getting some customers to pay their bills without having suppliers to chase to supply.

Getting back to dealers, I had a similar situation when the economy was good - so I think the recession has little to do with that side of things. When I started hiring motor homes years ago I went into a dealer near exeter as he had three vans that I wanted to purchase.

I arranged appointments, turned up on site - everyone was too busy (drinking coffee and chatting in the office) i called and made more appointments.....same result. Then I thought to myself - was it worthwhile. Yes, they had a van I wanted - but if buying a van was that hard, what if something went wrong? what would the aftersales be like?

That answered all my questions, so went elsewhere and got very good service, even though I had to compromise on the van.

20. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

I wish the phone ,utility companies were so laxed in their sales approach, instead of ringing me every f&*^%$ 5 mins :Angry: