Dealers Methods / Motives

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Larrynwin, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I have been waiting since last autumn to buy a brand new RV . I have been in constant contact with two dealers who both expected recent new RVs to arrive from the US. Both have arrived in the last couple of weeks . One has made me a good trade in offer on my RV against a new model , but the other dealer would not sell me the one which I preferred that is now being openly advertised on his website for £95k , which by the way was priced to me at £102k. ??
    I naturally will not now go back to the latter dealer but do not understand why my money was basically rejected in these difficult times and the price was £7k different. :Doh::Doh:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Possibly, maybe, because he no longers wants your part ex as he is short of money. Only reason I can think off.

Peter

3. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

I don't know the situation here but one of the reasons that so few of the RV dealers now put prices in the ARV magazine is the fluctuation in the £ to $ rate.

They may quote you a price here on one particular day that can fluctuate by several hundreds of £s (up or down) by the time the RV arrives in this Country.

4. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

The price offered to me was just a few days ago and the reduced price has appeared since. The offer on the trade in was relatively low to reflect current values, which I do not question.

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Sounds the wrong way round to me! If the pound/dollar is like the euro the p/x value in relation to new would go up.

Or have I got it all wrong?

Peter

6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Irrespective of pound/dollar I do not question the trade in price. The bit that I did not understand that 5 days ago the price for the new RV was £102k and this weekend has appeared on the dealers website at £95k.
    Also 5 days ago I could not buy the RV and yet today it is for sale, weird !!

7. sedge

sedge Funster

Advert already paid for, embarassing to get phone calls as soon as ad appears, may get better deal on someone elses trade in - or hopefully for dealer - no trade-in at all?

Just thoughts.

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Website costs nothing and easliy changed!

Peter