Dealers best 'Fob you off' lines (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats why dealers in general give you the bottom price for your trade in and top price for what you are buying. Its called mark up.
Thats also why I have never bought a vehicle of any description from a dealer. You are the one thats paying all round. If the vehicle is bought in at the right price, you can stand the price of a few repairs and know its right at the end of the day. If you buy a vehicle from a dealer any distance from home, the guarantee is not worth the paper its written on if you have to keep travelling back and forth for repairs. Better to buy private and even if you have no mechanical know how, pay for an independent report if your not sure.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Took ours (which we are part exchanging) into Johns Cross Motorhomes on Saturday and they gave it a good looking over in the garage.

Perhaps that is why they have such a good reputation?

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i will check on that and phone you back ....thy never do ...:Angry:
no mater who the dealer is thy never get in right all the time :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I took my last Fiat in to the now defunct Coppul Discover Branch for its hab check, I mentioned I would like them to check the slight judder I had, I had it two years so wasnt rearly bothered it didnt seem much, His reply was it only happens to vans where the wheels have been replaced with alloys :Doh:, neadless to say I never went back, I took it to the Main Preston Fiat Dealer who soon sorted it. Pete ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
At Earls Court a few years ago I mentioned that the freezer part of fridge freezer wouldn't get cold enough to freeze when we were travelling through France.:Sad:
I forget who - could have been a Dometic rep - said it was probably built for northern Europe What an idiot - or did he think I was an idiot :shout::shout::shout:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We will do all the repairs before you finally pick it up, just pay the deposit now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The sad thing is some people believe them. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Thats why dealers in general give you the bottom price for your trade in and top price for what you are buying. Its called mark up.
Thats also why I have never bought a vehicle of any description from a dealer. You are the one thats paying all round. If the vehicle is bought in at the right price, you can stand the price of a few repairs and know its right at the end of the day. If you buy a vehicle from a dealer any distance from home, the guarantee is not worth the paper its written on if you have to keep travelling back and forth for repairs. Better to buy private and even if you have no mechanical know how, pay for an independent report if your not sure.

Unfortunately, if you want to buy new, then you have to use a dealer.
Someone has to start the ball rolling, otherwise where would all the "pre-loved" bargains come from. ::bigsmile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
When we traded our first van they gave it a quick check over, second time none at all, two cars traded in yesterday only mileage and vin numbers checked one car had not been to the dealers until then, but having said that they won't be selling them on other than to a smaller dealer or auction. Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back