Dealer v Show prices. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Sorry for all the questions but we are getting closer to making that final leap into the unknown....

Having `almost` decided that we want a tag and it is looking like either a Swift Kontiki (or Bessacarr equivlient) or a Auto Trail Chieftan, around 2007.

We are going to the Manchester show at the end of the month, just wondering if there are any real discounts available at shows. I can see that a show is a good place to see a lot of vans if still undecided, but if you are and ready to buy, is it worth waiting for a show?

Thanks

Steve

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Steve, I want to prepare you for dissapointment before you go.
The Manchester show is, well, cack.
However you may find something there, you never know.

As for discounts? no different between a show and bartering hard at a dealership forecourt. :thumb:

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp

As for discounts? no different between a show and bartering hard at a dealership forecourt. :thumb:

Thanks, have a feeling that we are only going because of the location (next to Trafford centre).

Thought that might be the case re prices.

Thanks

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Darloman

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can only agree with Haganap that the Manchester show (compared to others) is IMHO very poor.

As for discounts go prepared and investigate what is possible. I did at NEC and spent two days checking out prices and deals and as a result I got a great deal and the dealer was more than happy in getting my custom. Classic Win Win

S

stagman

Deleted User
Sorry for all the questions but we are getting closer to making that final leap into the unknown....

Having `almost` decided that we want a tag and it is looking like either a Swift Kontiki (or Bessacarr equivlient) or a Auto Trail Chieftan, around 2007.

We are going to the Manchester show at the end of the month, just wondering if there are any real discounts available at shows. I can see that a show is a good place to see a lot of vans if still undecided, but if you are and ready to buy, is it worth waiting for a show?

Thanks

Steve

I would rather buy from a dealer where you can actually see for yourself what standard of backup you are likely to get . The shows tend to be push whatever they have got on that day , and I don't think the deal will be any the better in the long run :thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

I went to the Manchester show last year and agree (I posted on here after my visit) it was poor, however it's at a new venue this year and is advertised as 50% bigger with 50 brand new companies displaying so for discounted tickets at £6 I'm going again.:RollEyes:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
At the shows I have found

At the out door shows I have found a few dealers with vehicles for sale that have not even had a basic valet or in a couple of cases at Stratford on Avon and at Shepton the RV I looked at had flat domestic batteries and as a lot of equipment needed them to be up to a charged state the dealer could not demonstrate... one was a Safari .... want to see the electric drop down bed.. so no deal could be done...if a dealer cannot prepare a vehicle for the show I am certainly not going to spend my money with them.

At Shepton a friend want to buy an RV and the battery again was dead so the genny would not start..

Just seems dealers expect to bring along there latest trade in and attempt to flog it without putting any work into the vehicle.

I would steer clear of both of them when I look to change my RV... I will balance the argument with the fact I also when I purchased my present RV found a couple of dealers at there showrooms no better... vehicles that smelled of damp and a couple flat batteries, again I did not buy... you need to look around and see not what is perhaps the cheapest deal but the best overall service.

I see Peter of John's Cross has said he has a vehicle you may like... I expect it is a long way from you and it could raise issues re looking at it or service collection etc., But I have visited his place a few times to buy parts from the shop and have looked around his site in the past..cannot vouch for his stock.. but seeing his posts over the years on here I would say it may be worth a phone call.. who knows you may reach a deal. (no connection with them)

But wish you luck with getting your dream

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back