Dealer part exchange prices. (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We were thinking of changing over to being tuggers for a variety of reasons, and as we were at a dealers taking the MH in for a repair to be done I asked a salesman for a price against a brand new caravan.
After consulting his price guide he offered us 10k less than I would have liked. Now I know they always offer low so they can make a profit, otherwise they wouldn't be in business very long, but I was a bit taken aback at that offer. I said if he upped it 5k I would probably meet him half way, but I told him I was sure I could get what I wanted privately. Or as near as damn it.
He coughed a bit and said he would ring round other dealers to see if they were interested in it, as they are primarily caravans and have only just started to take in MHs.

When we went back the next day to collect the MH he told us that no one was interested in it and they didn't want it, but if we went back in 4 or 5 weeks they would have another look.
I don't know if he was trying to panic us into taking a lower offer, but if he was, it didn't work.
We have decided to keep the MH anyway.

After looking a lot more in depth at the plus and minus points of a caravan against a MH, the MH came out on top for our purposes.
The best bit is that SWMBO says that I can buy a van to put my toys in to go to steam rallies.

Funny old world isn't it !
:getmecoat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back