Dealer / Manufacturer cop out, where do I stand? (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not sure if already mentioned, but if you paid by credit card, you may have a possible extra route as they have joint liability

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
not sure if already mentioned, but if you paid by credit card, you may have a possible extra route as they have joint liability

kind of covered it, when I suggested I was grateful that I had used Barclaycard for payment, they (TW) decided that removal and full refund was a sensible solution, but even that would require yet another 150 mile round trip, plus it would render my MH unusable

you really couldn't make this up (y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Always thought W/Screen cover never affected NCB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
for my 2 quid I will be lucky to win a Chinese from across the road

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
David looking at both them photos, the one that is the problem looks like it has been almost bodged to get in, as the edge is damaged compared to the other side. Its obviously not right.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I had an interesting chat with the young lad who fitted my headlight at TW, asked him if he knew how much it had cost, he didn't but I asked him to give it his worst guess, he said £200 which would have been enough to break me at his age. He had no idea till I told him just how much I had just had to pay
And that is half the problem, ie, they don't know their product. :(

At the NEC in Feb 2015, we were on the Niesmann + Bichoff stand, looking at the Flair Platin Plus. A UK salemen couldn't answer a couple of our questions, so he called this very smart young man over. I think his name was Hansel, and he was direct from the factory in Germany. It didn't matter what you asked this young man, he answered every time, and it became abundantly clear that he knew his product.
He also commented that he was proud to work for N+B. He was a pleasure to communicate with. (y)

What an absolute "dream machine", but I bet you could buy two (or possibly three) decent ARVs, for that price. :eek:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And that is half the problem, ie, they don't know their product. :(

At the NEC in Feb 2015, we were on the Niesmann + Bichoff stand, looking at the Flair Platin Plus. A UK salemen couldn't answer a couple of our questions, so he called this very smart young man over. I think his name was Hansel, and he was direct from the factory in Germany. It didn't matter what you asked this young man, he answered every time, and it became abundantly clear that he knew his product.
He also commented that he was proud to work for N+B. He was a pleasure to communicate with. (y)

What an absolute "dream machine", but I bet you could buy two (or possibly three) decent ARVs, for that price. :eek:

Cheers,

Hi Jock, thought you were talking about me there for a minute but I am two ll's on Hansell, and I have to point out before somebody beats me to it the N+B Flair is just Flair and the Platin Plus would be a Frankia(y)..

Martin (Hansell)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes Jock, as Martin rightly pointed out, the German mans name was Christian and he was on the Frankia stand and he certainly knew his product.

You must be getting confused with Hansel & Grettel :rofl:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock, thought you were talking about me there for a minute but I am two ll's on Hansell, and I have to point out before somebody beats me to it the N+B Flair is just Flair and the Platin Plus would be a Frankia(y)..

Martin (Hansell)
Sorry, yes, Frankia. I was getting my quality German MH manufacturers mixed up. doh

Yes Jock, as Martin rightly pointed out, the German mans name was Christian and he was on the Frankia stand and he certainly knew his product.

You must be getting confused with Hansel & Grettel :rofl:
Whatever his name was Ken, I remember thinking what an usual name, and what a refreshing experience it was to chat with him, about the product. (y).

BTW, Gretel was in the background making the coffees. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.:)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have been TERRIED (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

before and after

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

less than an hour, including milky coffee all provided by the same man, you are the man @Terry (y)(y)

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

take note Hymer and Travelworld it really was that easy to get it right first time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

all you need is a proper interest in what you do

Terry yet again, I owe you

:thanks4:

Attachments

• IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
and while we were there, for a man who doesn't do electrickery he did another brill job helping me with the light conversion, he happened to have a 'spare' LED strip and connectors, this did take the total job time to just over the hour though o_O

IMG_1631.JPG

(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
David looking at both them photos, the one that is the problem looks like it has been almost bodged to get in, as the edge is damaged compared to the other side. Its obviously not right.

I think that photo made it look worse, the slot cut out was already there, the chipping was in part aggravated when we tried to refit it properly at Chester, but as you can now see above, when 'modified' it cant be seen anyway

just took someone with some nouse to sort :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
@DavidG58. I am really pleased that Terry got you sorted David. (y)

Isn't it a blooming shame that you've had to go all through this hassle from TW, when a minor modification by them at the time, would have done the trick? :(

Relax now, and enjoy your "really nice" Hymer MH. (y)

Cheers,

john1953

Free Member
May 29, 2014
middlewich, cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
since 2007
That is a real shame that you feel that way about all dealers, in all my years dealing with Motor-homes I can assure you that I have only ever had very fair dealings with the dealer networks.

I've heard scare stories and poor customer service reports from others but I have never encountered it myself.

I regularly hear good things about Johns Cross and Tavelworld also. I have heard nothing but praise for Van Bitz, my dealings twice with Marquis before they were a National company was exemplary. I certainly have NEVER been conned!

I have to agree, we are on our 6th van all bought from dealers and had really good service, they have had their problems , nothing to major and all sorted satisfactorily.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only just caught up with this thread as still trolling around Spain.
From the look at the simple mod you had to do do can't see what all the fuss is about, if it had been my problem I'd have just done it and not mentioned it.
As for Hymer, they used to be great at resonding to customers but since the market has picked up they refer all enquiries to dealers.
How helpful the dealer is depends on how much clout the dealer has with Hymer and with UK dealers its not much, only a small market for them.
As for the price of Hymer parts they are quite reasonable as long as you don't buy in the UK.
As Eddie @Judge Mental says Hymer are only a mid range van, often cheaper than AT and look at the faults they come with.
I've had two new Hymers and the next one will probably be a Hymer.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
From the look at the simple mod you had to do do can't see what all the fuss is about, if it had been my problem I'd have just done it and not mentioned it.
As for Hymer, they used to be great at resonding to customers but since the market has picked up they refer all enquiries to dealers.
How helpful the dealer is depends on how much clout the dealer has with Hymer and with UK dealers its not much, only a small market for them.
As for the price of Hymer parts they are quite reasonable as long as you don't buy in the UK.
As Eddie @Judge Mental says Hymer are only a mid range van, often cheaper than AT and look at the faults they come with.
100+ grand and it's only a mid range van:eek:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
100+ grand and it's only a mid range van:eek:
You are looking at silly UK prices, if you buy sensibly most are belowvthat.
If you want upmarket buy Concorde/N&B etc., then you can spend up to 300k.
Most Hymers brought sensibly are no dearer than AT, you might be disappointed as they don't come with water ingress as standard.:D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Lenny

You are right it was a simple mod that a lot of us would have done ourselves BUT David chose to pay a Hymer workshop to do it, and they failed miserably so after paying to not have the job done he had to bite the bullet and do it himself anyway, with the help of a Terry.

Martin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Always thought W/Screen cover never affected NCB
Some companies have a ceiling on what you can claim before your no claims is affected. Should always check as some are only £1000 which basically only covers a coach built through autoglass robbers

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
He also commented that he was proud to work for N+B. He was a pleasure to communicate with
The person I recently met who bought his from them was not the least bit happy with the knowledge of their staff which amounted to nil (TW) that is

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The person I recently met who bought his from them was not the least bit happy with the knowledge of their staff which amounted to nil (TW) that is

That bit about 'lack of knowledge' of what they are selling can be applied to many of the dealerships in the UK. Agree there are one or two exceptions but IMO the majority may as well be selling kitchens.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back