Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
It's all my fault. Just went out to put some stuff away and saw the fan on the Truma was going. It must have been going for a week or so, since I was testing the fire. Checked the hab battery and its dead as a dodo, not even a flicker on the control pannel. We have hooked it up to re-charge but do you think all is lost and we need a new battery? Even hooked up, there is no sign of life and the lights aren't working inside so it's not as if the fuse on the control pannel has blown. Perhaps we should jump start it from the car and go for a run to recharge it, then again, we haven't checked the main battery and might that still be ok? :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Ivy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Loujess,

I have completely discharged my batteries so many times and have never had a problem. I thought and of course some one will say im wrong that a hab battery is designed to be discharged several times. Only thing you can do is charge it back up and then test it by using it.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
why wont the van start? why do you need to jump start it? thought it was the Habitation battery?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Thanks Paul. I'll go and try the main battery and see if we have life. I wish I understood mechanical things. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
:Doh: OOPS.Did the same thing the other week.checked the electrolite in the battery. it was way down.filled it up with Distilled water. then left hook up cable on all week to charge battery. been away this w.end and battery back up to full charge.:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi Ivy, it should charge from the engine battery thats what mine does.I don`t thinik mine charges off the hook up you have to physically charge it with a battery charger.Just try running the engine for half an hour see if it puts some life in it. I`ve got a Clipper so similar to yours Cheers Rob W:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back