Dead hab battery

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Loujess, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

It's all my fault. Just went out to put some stuff away and saw the fan on the Truma was going. It must have been going for a week or so, since I was testing the fire. Checked the hab battery and its dead as a dodo, not even a flicker on the control pannel. We have hooked it up to re-charge but do you think all is lost and we need a new battery? Even hooked up, there is no sign of life and the lights aren't working inside so it's not as if the fuse on the control pannel has blown. Perhaps we should jump start it from the car and go for a run to recharge it, then again, we haven't checked the main battery and might that still be ok? :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Ivy

2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Loujess,

I have completely discharged my batteries so many times and have never had a problem. I thought and of course some one will say im wrong that a hab battery is designed to be discharged several times. Only thing you can do is charge it back up and then test it by using it.:thumb:

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

why wont the van start? why do you need to jump start it? thought it was the Habitation battery?

4. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Thanks Paul. I'll go and try the main battery and see if we have life. I wish I understood mechanical things. :BigGrin::BigGrin:

Ivy

5. Masman

Masman Funster

:Doh: OOPS.Did the same thing the other week.checked the electrolite in the battery. it was way down.filled it up with Distilled water. then left hook up cable on all week to charge battery. been away this w.end and battery back up to full charge.:thumb:

6. wasp

wasp Funster

Hi Ivy, it should charge from the engine battery thats what mine does.I don`t thinik mine charges off the hook up you have to physically charge it with a battery charger.Just try running the engine for half an hour see if it puts some life in it. I`ve got a Clipper so similar to yours Cheers Rob W:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: