1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

De`Longhi Bambino oilfilled radiator 800 watt

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by daisy mae, Dec 14, 2013.

1. daisy mae

daisy mae Read Only Funster

I am thinking of buying one, has anyone used this for heating their motor home, when on EHU on site or drive, ? wondered how it fared, heat/cost wise , instead of using the truma heater, through the night when MHing in colder months, are there any pit falls.? Thanks for any help.

Margaret

2. Minx

Minx Funster Life Member

Hi Margaret, we've had these smaller ones in the past but we found that they don't actually give out a lot of heat, you might be better getting something with a bit more oomph and then at least you have the choice of having it on a higher setting during the day and a lower setting at night.

Isn't the Bambino version only 500w?

http://www.delonghi.com/en-GB/produ...adiators/bambino-trn0505m/?TabSegment=details

If so, then there's also an Argos Value range one which is a LOT cheaper!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4152291.htm

There are also quite a few on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Home-Furn...rom=R40&_nkw=mini oil filled radiator&_sop=15

Just done a 'google' and found out there are different Bambino models, 500w and 800w:

http://www.delonghi.com/en-GB/products/comfort/portable-heating/oil-filled-radiators/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Wombles

Wombles Funster

We have a Dimplex Eco Chico OFRB7 700w oil free baby column heater which has all the benefits of an oil filled radiator but no risk of oil leaking & lighter - speedy heat up too. Only used it indoors so far but heats a small room well. Not cheap at £42-£55 online but hopefully worth the outlay as it has 3 year warranty.

4. dogman

dogman Funster

We have one, cost £10, we also use it in the bedroom of our AT 840 with separate bedroom, small area works well but leave the doors open and it just aint big enough.

5. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster

We use the larger 2kw model. I think it has two or three heat settings. When on EHU keeps the motorhome lovely and warm without a blower running.:thumb:

6. Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt Funster

We have a smaller 400watt Argos model. It is inuse whenever on a site. It is nowhere big enough to act as sole heating but it certainly keeps the chill off, it isn't too heavy and does not take up loads of room.

7. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster

We also have the argos value range one, although I seem to remember only paying £10. As said it doesn't give out enough heat to start with when the van is really cold, but we take the initial chill off the van with the turma heating then leave the oil radiator on to keep us cosy. It is also great for leaving on all night as it's silent.

1 person likes this.
  8. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i bought 1 in portugal for the cold nights and found it a waste of money not enough heat from them for a motorhome maybe for a bathroom only

9. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

I bought the same design from Dunelm Mill a few years, 600W version. Agree with what has been posted so far - not enough to keep even my little campervan warm once the outside temperature heads towards zero, so the Webasto has to be used. More than enough through the night though once I'm tucked up in the Duvalay :Smile:

I know someone who uses a Bambino in a small caravan and reckons it's better than the cheaper models.