Daylight Robbery by Autotrail (1 Viewer)

Bubbles

Free Member
Feb 21, 2010
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We lost the small side window in the overhead cab of our Autotrail scout on our way home from a weekend away. We contacted the only dealer for autotrail in Northern Ireland and the total cost is £300approx. £130 of this is CARRAIGE COSTS You would think its a window of a house we wanted.

Has anyone else had these problems or is there any cheaper way of getting parts (hopefully we wont need them)

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Contact your insurance company. You should have window cover if fully comp. :thumb:

cjs_surf

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Dublin
Funster No
MH
Toyota Hiace
Exp
We lost the small side window in the overhead cab of our Autotrail scout on our way home from a weekend away. We contacted the only dealer for autotrail in Northern Ireland and the total cost is £300approx. £130 of this is CARRAIGE COSTS You would think its a window of a house we wanted.

Has anyone else had these problems or is there any cheaper way of getting parts (hopefully we wont need them)
Get it on ebay or try one of the shops in the south - charls camping have an online shop or call them it see - it couldn't cost more than 20 or 30 to ship

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

This could well be a mistake, could be a typo from £13 in my view. I would query it.

Peter

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:Try an Autotrail wheel arch £700.00 plus vat plus carriage, that is the cost I was quoted, decided to leave the superficial damage until I get time to repair it myself with plastic padding and paint spray.
kennygd

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I don't know anything about your camper, but I would try, first, to establish the name of the maker of the window. Then I would do a thorough search on the internet to find a supplier of their products. It would not matter where they are located. Call the suppliers and check prices. A small window should not cost very much to send to you - even by courier type delivery. I regularly send large consignments out from France to other European destinations. As an example, a 14 Kg package recently sent from France to Scotland cost me 61 Euro, including insurance. Another from France to England, weighing 25 Kg, cost about 90 Euro and arrived in three working days.

I have sourced brand new car gearbox parts from the USA before now and the total cost has usually been much lower than from Europe, even though two FedEx routes have been employed.

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
auto trail

hi bubbles,there are 2 places in n ireland do auto trail work.i can guess who you went to. starts with h. blackie

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We had the Kitchen window badly damaged on our 1999 Bessacarr E695 and it cost £438 to purchase and deliver to Webbs of Warminster, They fitted it for NO charge which was really good of them.

Contacted my Insurance Company and they paid out within the week minus my excess which was £60.

Things in the Motorhome industry are not cheap.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Not quite correct :Sad:

Usually very cheap to make but extremely expensive to buy :Angry: